Thread: 2007 ARRC

Liked: 0

Default 2007 ARRC

Well lets see bored, wont stop raining in FL, nothing to do, and worst of all no races coming up...

Who is planning on making the ARRC this year? I can take a stab and guess about 10-12 people; so who else? I know we had 20+ cars last year.

Bored and don't want to work....yet!!
    Matthew Inge
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 1

I plan on being there rain or shine. Do they have practice days before hand?

scott mcqueen

Liked: 202

Yes. There will be a track test day on Thursday, November 8. Used to be $200, but I think it's gone up to $225 this year.
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I'm hoping to have at least 3 cars come out from the West Coast. Brandon Aleckson, Donna Gilio and at least one other (still working on the others).
    Chuck

Don't forget (pending the final schedule) we likely have an off day Saturday and will plan an offsite social even at a nearby indoor karting track. Race Sunday after lunch was the original plan. We will likley have to share the track for practice and at least one qualifying (maybe all), but race alone.

We will have 3-5 Enterprises staff members there and most of our CSR's for a good opportunity to meet everyone coast to coast. Also, plan on having updates via Al Craighead for FCM and online.

Van Diemen's Managing Director, Steve Jenner, just confirmed attendance for the second year and maybe this time we can set up a customer walk through at Elan to see our parts and the Champ Car line.
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

Liked: 9

Default ARRC

As I said to Erik last year, "It was really great crewing for Eric this year but, next year; I want to be in this field racing with these guys." My promise to Erik still stands. I am doing everything I can to be there. Erik S., Mark M, Wally, The Limey Bastard, and of course Eric Cruz better be there! They're half the reason I picked this car. ( OK, may be a third but they did make my decision a whole lot easier.)

Steve

Liked: 29

steve, check the rules to see if you can show up and run.

i think the ARRC race is designed around people that are running the FCM series (done on top of nationals in the various divisions), and you are doing regionals.

Liked: 59

Steve can come out and race at the ARRC, even if he is not in the FCM Series Championship. Butch, correct me if I'm wrong, but anyone with an eligible car and an SCCA competition license can run the race. For Steve to be competing for the FCM Championship, he would need to be entered in the Series. From the rules:

Series entry is automatic from entering the series races.

So, I'm guessing that since Steve is planning to enter the Oak Tree National next month, an official series event, that he will be good to go on both counts.

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Eric is correct. ALL FE drivers (and cars) are eligible to run the ARRC regardless of whether they've been running Regionals or Nationals this season. The event is for non-Runoffs classes, and since FE is not running at Topeka this year it is invited to the ARRC. The only restriction we have is no Novice drivers (you can race on your Novice permit if you've successfully completed the requirements for a Regional license).

See you guys there...
    Butch Kummer

Without going through a bunch of really formal stuff...or asking the Region to add rules in the event supps that superscede the GCR...we can't do all that much.

What I wanted last year was "at least one race weekend in SCCA competition running the FSCCA car" and that was to prevent cherry picking our championship. But really, all I can do is threaten to ignore a finisher for the "Official Enterprises Champion" if they show up and take a top position in their first FE event. I don;t have to take the on track ARRC results to crown "our champion"...but the word cheesy comes to mind if I didn't.

However, Butch et all are great people and would likley work with me if you want a more restrticted entry than that. Being a Regional race I do like the possibility of not excluding our newest racers who do not yet have National licenses. If you own a car I would hate to exclude you...if you are renting...I like some sanity / restrictions. I have some very fast friends (Justin Pritchard, Jason Byers...etc) and they could come and do quite well in any of our CSR's rentals if they wanted. I don't want that, but there are few folks who have stepped in just once and shown that if they where serious they could seriously compete.
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

Liked: 29

do not get me wrong, i was not saying he could not, just that he should check ahead of time.... i know that the ARRC is a regional race, but we "consider" it our national championship since we cannot go to topeka this year.

he and i are both WDC folks, and he just got the car a little while ago and is running the regional MARRS series along with me and one other new to the car guy, and I am doing the Nationals/FCM series with Justin.

if he gets his national license and finishes out the year doing some out of division and maybe LRP and Pocono in the NE, i would love it. We seem to be a little low in NE in participation with several of the people from last year, and at least 1 that started this year having sold/are trying to sell their cars.

Keith,

I was contacted by a current owner (father / son) who is finally going to rebuild their wreck from some time ago....and our car, chassis #1, is going up to Motion Dynamics where it will be used to do some track days and maybe races with interested customers. The car is not technically back in our hands until the ARRC (where it is already commited to Ms. Hennessy). Hopefully we can get a few folks to take a dip in our car and see if they like the waters.

We have hit a flat spot right now until the FE/FM consolidation dies for sure. But 5 new FE's are almost done and we have two SR's in stock...also used car calls haven't totally stopped, but the "consolidation" had a very negative impact...damn the torpedo's!
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

Erik,
    As to much of my liking, the possibility of the karting adventure on Saturday would be quite interesting. I am not implying anything but things could get ugly. Lets hope they wont have a "Do not bump policy." But Wait a second, I couldnt quite possibly see us FE guys being that competitive now would we??

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE:
    But I do have to ask, is there going to be such a thing as a Spec Racer Challenge Race the same weekend? Maybe Butch could answer?

Matthew (Please dont let my dad and I get on the kart track together) Inge
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

We were exploring the possibility of hosting a round of the Pro SRF series that weekend (Sunday only), but that series (and Ken Grammer's enthusiasm) has died an ugly death. Sunday 2007 will have only FE followed by a three-hour IT Enduro.

BK
    Butch Kummer

Thread Information