Message from the President
June 2007

This is an exciting month for Monoposto members! Last weekend we raced north of the border at the beautiful Mosport Park. This coming weekend is the Formula B reunion at Mid-Ohio. After a weekend off we have the Le Sommet des Legends race at the Circuit Mont Tremblant in Canada, followed by the Kohler International Challenge at Road America. Four of the top tracks in North America in five weeks! One practical consequence of this, aside from the difficulties of readying cars and getting the time away from our daily activities is that the Monoposto web site will not be updated until sometime in July.

Before I go any further I want to say THANK YOU to the hosts! We’ve already had at some great Monoposto parties this year. Tom and Marilyn Fraelich and Chris Forer hosted the first party at Roebling Road at the end of March. Sharon Frey, Daniel Hayes, Sheila Moore, Martin Bagby and Kathy and Frank Newton hosted our party at Road America in May. Lisa and Dean Baker hosted our party at Mosport this past weekend. These gatherings are a great way to get to know your fellow competitors. Pictures from each event can be found at the Monoposto web site under the 2007 Photos heading.

Of interest to members participating in the upcoming event at Mid Ohio, I have the following information:
At Mid-Ohio Marc Giroux, our Formula B rep will be the Monoposto Race Coordinator. Any questions that arise at the track can be addressed to him.
Derek Harling will be assisting with tech. As at all SVRA events, you will need to take your medical information sheet to the tech shed first and trade it for your tech sheet.
I will be hosting the Monoposto party at Mid-Ohio. It will be in my paddock area at the conclusion of track activities on Friday. Please stop by for some bench racing and a cold beverage!

Monoposto’s 20th Anniversary celebration is coming up quickly! Don’t forget to sign up for this event. It will be a special weekend for all formula car drivers. The event will be held August 17th – 19th at Grattan Raceway Park in Grattan, MI. The featured Marque of the event will be Formula Jr. We will have a surprise guest speaker and some surprises for everyone in attendance. The Grattan event is known for a lot of track time, so enter now. You can get an entry form on the VSCDA web site at www.vscda.org.

One final note – ApexSpeed has started Monoposto Classic and Formula 70 message boards to complement their already active vintage formula ford, formula Atlantic and Super Vee message boards. Check it out at www.apexspeed.com.

That’s all for now. I hope to see you at the track soon!

Sincerely,

Mark Harmer