Liked: 1417

Default Welcome to the BoD Q&A

The offer has been put on the table to us to have an area here on ApexSpeed to be able to directly interact with 2007 SCCA officals about our concerns, questions and thoughts about the state of the Sports Car Club of America.

The current Board of Directors are:

Area 1
    - Robert Introne Jr.
    Area 2 - Brian Holtz
    Area 3 - K.P Jones
    Area 4 - Larry Dent
    Area 5 - Robert Lybarger
    Area 6 - Charlie Clark
    Area 7 - Michael Sauce
    Area 8 - James Christian
    Area 9 - R.J. Gordy
    Area 10 - John Sheridan
    Area 11 - Andy Porterfield
    Area 12 - Kaye Fairer
    Area 13 - Howard Allen

Officers:
    Chairman - Bob Introne
    Vice Chairman - R.J. Gordy
    Treasurer - K.P Jones
    Assistant Treasurer - Mike Engelke
    Secretary - Jim Christian
    Assistant Secretary - Kaye Fairer
    5th Member Exec. Committee - Brian Holtz
    1st Alternate - Mike Sauce
    2nd Alternate - John Sheridan

I know Mike Sauce has offered to answer questions and comments directly here, and we greatly appreciate that offer. I am sending an e-mail invitation to the rest of the BOD to invite them into this forum, if they aren't already here, as well.

Everyone wants the same things from the SCCA, and this is a great opportunity for the membership to speak and the governing board to be able to listen, as well as respond.

We want to make sure that this particular forum is not a litany of attacks and accusations, but rather a place for everyone to openly discuss (and even argue) about issues important to all of the SCCA and it's membership. This forum will be VERY tightly moderated by both myself and my brother, Keith. If anyone from the SCCA has any concerns about the content or the direction of a thread or post, please contact either of us directly. We will moderate this forum with the same standard we have had in the past, to keep things from getting out of control.

We're proud to offer this to the SCCA BoD and it's membership.

Liked: 126

I'm on the board in NER if anyone has New England Region questions. I'm also on the board at Palmer Motorsports Park.

Liked: 1417

Let's try to keep different questions for the BoD and SCCA officials in individual threads, so that it is not only easier to manage and navigate, but it will be easy for Mike and other BoD members to answer and participate.

It will help with the Search feature in the future, as well.

Thanks.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Thanks, Mike!

Mike, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your willingness to post your ideas, comments and views on this site. Living in Washington, I get used to folks weasel-wording their replies so that they are ambiguous at best. I respect you and your direct answers!

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Comp License minimum age

I'm happy to see this forum come to the attention of the BoD. So let's start with the recommendation by the Comp Board to lower the age for application for a comp license to 14. Quite frankly, I'm not in favor of this for a number of reasons including liability to the club.
    At age 16 we could at least equate that with the minimum age for most states driver's licenses. How many 14 year old kids have the maturity to understand the risks of crunching themselves and someone else's car (and/or body)? Seems to me that there are few 14 year olds with that kind of fiscal responsibility. At least at 16 they can get a work permit and help pay their parents for a small fraction of their racing program.
    If increasing the membership ranks is part of the issue, do you really think these 14 year old kids are going to stick around and contribute to SCCA?
    SCCA is no longer the best ladder to pro racing. Perhaps the best arena for these younger drivers is in a dedicated series ala Jim Russell or Skip Barber.
    Chuck Raggio
    SF region
    FF#14

Thread Information