Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Cleveland approaches....

This short turnaround between Watkins Glen and Cleveland is disorienting, to say the least, barely decompressed from one and time to get all spooled up again for the next. With Cleveland load in a short 11 days after the last checker at the Glen everyone has had plenty to keep them busy. We load in on Thursday June 21 with the on track action starting Friday the 22nd and finishing up on Sunday the 24th.
    The entry for Cleveland has been a moving target for a few weeks, as high as a maybe 55 and a low of "only" 40, but it looks to settle down in the low 40's.
    All the usual suspects with some interesting new runners, specifically JD McDermotts Front Range gang of Max Hyatt, John Brumder and Dwight Rider.
    Obviously a few guys who wrecked at the Glen won't be back in the time available and a few others are taking a pass on the assumed chaos of a temporary circuit running in support of the Champ Cars, but more are entered and anticipating the usual great Cleveland racing.
    Personally I have never even been to the facility, beyond driving by on the interstate or watching the race on TV, so it is vaguely exciting to go in person for the first time.
    Actually, the big deal for me is a chance to finally go do the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
    We have a high standard to live up to as the Cooper series has had four [4] clean race starts through Turn 1. We expect to do the same.
    And we really anticipate the arrival of one David Weitzenhof to the F2000 Championship Series, welcome Dave and Sherrie.
    With Morgan, McDonough, Byers, the Andersen squad of Mansur-Bystrom-Vassmer-JGonzalez-Willard, aw hell, I can't go through the entry list naming every single driver again, suffice to say, we have a stellar field and expect tight, safe, fair racing throughout the field.
    We race twice, as always, Race 1 being Saturday at 5:00PM with Race 2 following the Champ Car race at 4:15PM on Sunday.
    Once again Al Craighead, of Formula Car Magazine and Eformulacarnews.com, will be on site to report all the action

Liked: 3787

Wow! I totally forgot about the R&R hall of fame. Tech impound will probably be brief on Saturday night. How do we fit that in around the street party Cleveland is throwing? Choices, choices...

R & R Hall of Fame...Another famous place for the Fat Boys to get banned from... By 2009, Las Vegas will be the only place that will let them in. We are going to Las Vegas in '09 , right? (That's what Zebra told the waitress at the Seneca Inn)

Thinking back... let's see... three weekends so far. VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkns Glen... probably three of the top 5 tracks in North America. Now we have to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Please, please, don't throw me in that briar patch!

OBTW, Has Demeter signed up for M-O yet? If he ain't driving, he better show up to work. We can't race without M-O's unofficial numero uno promo man on site.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Eakin,I was just on the R&R Hall of fame website. The good news is it is open until 9pm on Wednesdays. The bad news it closes at 5:30 every other day. When are you getting in ?
    For this HFB [Honorary Fat Boy. A few years back, ok, a long time ago, in my Skip Barber days a group of us instructor types were the Doughboys, we did Doughboy synchronized swimming, you had to see it to believe it. Never without liquid refreshment !] my plan is Wednesday afternoon after learning the wheres and when of Burke Lakefront I am going. Unfortunately with a Thursday Load In I suspect I won't have much in the way of F2000 company but anyone who is in town let's plan on it, say, 5pm at the R&RHoF.

Liked: 1

Nick Coehlo (sp) making it??????

Liked: 3323

Default New Experience

Looking forward to the challenge! And to seeing a bunch of folks we haven't seen in quite a while! This will be interesting!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Rand and Froggie, You need to get the SR Morgan to give you a tour of the hall. My understanding, from a little slant eyed fella, is that he knows and used to own every damn album in there, Has stories to go along with all of them.

John

Liked: 2

Default Cleveland Grand Prix

I sent my entry fee in for Cleveland today. Sorry for the delay. I've had floorpan and other mechanical issues since Atlanta, and I had some doubts. But we'll be there.

Liked: 0

Default R&r

Last two years the R&R was open during the events and in fact had special tours for the participants of the Cooper Series as well other participating groups scheduled around their down times.

Thread Information