Liked: 0

Default Scott Speed Getting the Shaft at STR

I see on some of the recent F1 sites that STR has comitted to the Italian while Speed is left swinging in the breeze. I may be mistaken, but I thought Scott was faster at most events, including a great qualifying show at Indy. Obviously Red Bull continues to make some great choices in their driver line-up.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 447

I think Antonio had better finishing positions than Scott did. He also finished more races than Scott did so I can't really blame STR. It appears that Speed is still a prime candidate for the #2 driver spot.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Scott's fate at Toro Rosso will be determined by whether Berger, as par owner, is allowed by Red Bull to take Doornbos and his millions in sponsorship.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Contributing Member

If memory serves correctly, SS is being paid a disproportionately large figure due to his shrewd negotiating skill and the fact that he is the only American in F1 (or perhaps it is vice versa ).

Hopefully he will not negotiate himself out of F1 but these are delicate issues involving somewhat differing views of the relative worth of the team, the worth of the driver and other substantive issues that we mere mortals can only speculate on.

Contributing Member

[quote=Al Craighead;129863]Scott's fate at Toro Rosso will be determined by whether Berger, as par owner, is allowed by Red Bull to take Doornbos and his millions in sponsorship.

OR whether Berger, as part owner, is allowed by Red Bull to spend his own millions to 'sponsor' Scott.

Default Speed shines at Monaco

O.K. he wasn't battling for the win, but I was really hoping just one more car would whack the wall at St. Devote in front of Scott to allow him to score a point. Finally Tonio gets the cut tire/close-up with the wall, and Scott gets to show he has talent. He'll be lloking for a ride next year as they will undoubtedly be going with the Frenchman with the red rimmed glasses. Now if Berger would only acknowledge Scott did a great job.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 91

It doesn't matter how it goes, he isn't going to win a race on fuel management alone. He needs all the help he can get. Sorry guys, but it isn't going to happen.

Liked: 553

Default Berger Praises Speed's Monaco Drive

From SpeedTV.com:

Scott Speed’s career-best-equaling ninth-place finish at the Monaco Grand Prix earned a rare piece of praise from Scuderia Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger, whose critics of both Speed and teammate Vitantonio Liuzzi have been prolific recently.

"It is the first race after which I do not have to say that I expected more," Berger told the news agency APA about the Californian’s drive from 18th on the grid.

"That was Scott's best race for us."

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/37683/
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information