Liked: 0

Default 075 Chassis $33,900 1 season on New Engine!

Well this absolutely kills me to do this, but I have to sell the race car... Baby on the way in May and also plan on doing a lot of work to our house. So I really won't have the time or money to race this year and probably next year either. I don't want this car sitting two years when it can be on the track where it belongs. The worst part is I am going to miss all the great racers and crew I have met along the way.

Anyway the info...

Chassis 075
    Finished 3rd place in the 2006 FormulaCar Magazine Northeast Division FSCCA Championship!

5 race weekends in 04
    5 race weekends in 05
    6 race weekends in 06

Scca Ent. Updates:
    Fuel Injectors
    Fuel pump
    ECU
    Oil cooler
    Alternator
    Clutch & Flywheel

New Engine (NOT REMAN) in 6/2006 $$$$

Additional Updates:
    1)Complete Taylor Race Eng. gearsets 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and dog rings. All gears and dogrings were also REM polished. Bought in 4/21/06 for $1,800 Only used for 06 season.

2)Brand new front and rear wood floor(jabrock). Bought 11/15/06 for $300, just installed. Nice and smoooooth!

3)Steel HD Borgeson double needle bearing Steering U-joint. This is a HUGE improvement over what comes with the car.

4)Comprent radiator screens.

5)Comprent ecu box

6)Comprent HD shifter/water pipe shield

7)Comprent high temp shifter cable

8)Foam filled front wing. Supposedly makes it stronger and less likely to bend.

9)All coolant hoses replaced with silicone hoses.

10)SPA Convex mirrors.

What you get!!

3 sets of OZ wheels with old rubber(2 sets of slicks and 1 set of rains)

Tripod grease tool. (must have to grease the tripods)

AMB hardwired transponder

Ultimate rainlight

Comprent alignment bars

New Engine (NOT REMAN) in 6/2006 $$$$

Old engine went at grattan while I was in 2nd btw. Man that sucked! Anyway I was running 87 octane which I was told at the time was the way to go. Well you can see what happened. New engine has had AVgas or race fuel. I installed an 02 bung and an innovate LC-1 wideband AFR monitor to be sure we were in the safe range and good to go with the AVgas. I have since sold the LC-1 but the bung is still there on the exhaust so you can easily reinstall a Bosch O2 sensor if you feel the need.

SPARES!!!
    Full set of original elite gearset(1-5) and dogrings, used season 1 and 2. Awesome condition!!!

I never once had a gearbox problem. Never once broke a drive shaft.

The car is fast, with the new engine I did a 53.0 at a lime rock test day last year. I did a 53.9 with the old engine at a SCCA official event(John Stim Lime Rock Race 6/05). With the new penske's coming out for this car it's going to be a rocket ship.

The body work is NOT perfect. It has some spider cracks it's 3 seasons old. The paint is the 100mph job(looks great at 100mph!). Color is white.
    You could:
    1)Take off the body work(super fast and easy) and have your body man fix the few spider cracks and give it a fresh F1 paint scheme!
    2)Buy new stuff and keep this as spares.
    3)Sell it off and buy new stuff
    4)Sell it off and go with the SR body, which is dead sexy btw!
    5)Just run it and spend the money on tires and track time!!

In 2005 I started trying to left foot brake(06 went back to right foot ) so I had the foot pads on the brake and clutch pedals modified. The brake pad is now twice as wide as the original and the clutch pad is 1/4 of the size of the original pad. I had the clutch pad made so small because the clutch is only used in the paddock. I also had the clutch pedal arm bent slightly over to the left so the clutch was completely out of the way. If you want to go back to the original setup it's very easy. You will have to buy new brake and clutch pads and a clutch pedal arm. I wouldn't think the pads are more than $25 a piece but I have not priced them. Not sure what the clutch pedal arm would cost. Install; 2min for pedal pads and probably 20min to put the new clutch pedal arm in. You may also need the foot drop floor pan if you are really tall, but I think a lot of tall guys aren't even using it.

What I would do to get ready for the 07 season.

1)Buy 2 set of slicks and 1 set of rains.
    2)Buy new brake pads. I think these pads are only really good for one season.
    3)Buy a TRE differential
    4)Buy the new Penske's
    5)Buy a nose and front wing. Good spare to have.
    6)Buy the beefier drive shafts and keep the original ones as spares. Never had problems with mine but they are 3 season old now.
    7)Kick some ASS!!!

$33,900 for everything.
    Email me at ErpsRacing@Gmail.com I work crazy hours so I like to deal with email vs the phone just easier.
    More pictures can be had at ErpsRacing.com
    Off to go cry now.
    Last edited by Eric E.; 02.20.07 at 3:30 PM.

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Eric,
    Say it isn't so! Sell the baby! Ransom your dad!
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 1

Eric,

Congrats to you and your wife for the baby on the way! Please don't be a stranger at the track. Come to a F2000 race so in a couple years when things calm down you know what kind of car to buy . Stay in touch.

-Keegan
    -Keegan

P1 #84
    Stohr WF1 BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen FSCCA #82 View Post
    Eric,
    Say it isn't so! Sell the baby! Ransom your dad!
    Haha the wife would kill me, but ransoming the old man is definitely an option!

Quote Originally Posted by KVS84 View Post
    Eric,

Congrats to you and your wife for the baby on the way! Please don't be a stranger at the track. Come to a F2000 race so in a couple years when things calm down you know what kind of car to buy . Stay in touch.

-Keegan
    Thanks Keegan! If I have the time I will definitely be at some of the close races to watch and/or crew.
    Last edited by Eric E.; 01.29.07 at 10:35 PM.

Congrats on the baby! It was great meeting you this year. Ditto Keegan's comments, join us at one of the F2000 races!

Jed

Thanks Jed!

I just updated the ad with this:

In 2005 I started trying to left foot brake(06 went back to right foot ) so I had the foot pads on the brake and clutch pedals modified. The brake pad is now twice as wide as the original and the clutch pad is 1/4 of the size of the original pad. I had the clutch pad made so small because the clutch is only used in the paddock. I also had the clutch pedal arm bent slightly over to the left so the clutch was completely out of the way. If you want to go back to the original setup it's very easy. You will have to buy new brake and clutch pads and a clutch pedal arm. I wouldn't think the pads are more than $25 a piece but I have not priced them. Not sure what the clutch pedal arm would cost. Install; 2min for pedal pads and probably 20min to put the new clutch pedal arm in. You may also need the foot drop floor pan if you are really tall, but I think a lot of tall guys aren't even using it.

Some photos of the elite gears and taylor gears. More photos on my website.

Last edited by Eric E.; 02.15.07 at 10:35 AM.

Eric,

You are not asking enough for the car. Buyers come in waves and you will think its never going to sell then one day you will get 10 calls. Most buyers are down South, my car ended up in Texas.

For anyone looking at this car, Eric has put a ton into this, including a brand new engine. Car is fast and beat me a couple times (not sure what this means, lol). This is a great deal for anyone looking to get into this class. I believe new cars are sold out and run over $50K plus you will spend time and $$ getting these setup. Don't miss a great opportunity!

Default Parts available separately?

Eric, I've got four spare front wheels and NO spare rears (don't ask!) for my FSCCA. I'd be willing to swap my two fronts for your two rears or could buy two rears from you outright if you are willing to do so?

Thanks,
    Jeff

You are right Jed. Other than a few, all the potential buyers have been down south. Not one from the NER yet.

Sorry Jeff all the spares listed in the above ad are going with the car. After the car is sold I will post up whatever spares I have left. Sorry.

This is a list of stuff that will be going up for sale separate from the car.

These items are pickup only:
    Pit wheels with brand new tires and custom made basket tie downs. SOLD
    Heavy Duty Formula Car lift with a WARN 4700 winch and car stand.
    Kodiac Proline setup platform with longacre 15x15 scales
    Roger Kraus Racing tire machine.

BTW the car is still for sale.
    Last edited by Eric E.; 03.13.07 at 10:39 AM.

Unless something changes, car is sold.

Eric,

What region did the car sell to?

Matthew Inge
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 77

Indy

JR
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 309

My, isn't that cryptic...
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

If I had the name for the new owner in Indy I could forward the last 4 customer communications and update our database....hint hint...call Erin @ 303 693-2111
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

What Stan means is that right now I am in Indy but will be moving back to the Bay Area some time this year. So for right now the car will be in Great Lakes Division, but by the end of the year NorPac (SF Region).

Erik I'll call Erin today

JR
    JR

Welcome to the San Francisco Region Jeff! The class continues to grow and we expect to add a couple more cars to the fleet shortly. You will get to compete against the 2006 National FSCCA champion, Brandon Aleckson, a couple of other fast drivers and a pretty quick lady. Looking forward to supporting you out here.

Chuck

Chuck don't you mean welcome back, home that is Que Beverly Hillbillies music here.

JR
    JR

Greg Mercurio

You mean...you're...gulp...going....to..race....with.. ..us.....again...gasp...

So where in CA are you going to live Jeff?

Back to good 'ol Cow-Town

JR
    JR

Greg Mercurio

Isn't that what they call the Faculty Lounge at UC Berkeley?

Welcome home. Looking forward to racing with you again.

Default #75 new home

Got home Saturday eve with the new ride. Eric was great to deal with.
    JR

Yup very smooth transaction. I couldn't be more glad with the guy who bought my car. Jeff is a great guy!

Man those photos make me depressed. HaHaaa Enjoy the car Jeff.

Greg Mercurio

I heard there was a wheel shortage but those just ain't gonna cut it Jeff.

There has been so much talk lately about 6 x 8 vs. 8 x 10, I thought that I would take the opposite approach. I am pretty sure she'll go like hell in a straight, but cornering could be a problem
    JR

Default Congrats Jeff.

Congrats on the new ride.. The only problem I see is that it seems to be missing some bodywork. open wheels????

Anyway,
    It was fun racing you in S2. I hope to see you at the track before you head west.
    Jim Shanel
    S2 14

Thanks Jim,

The car is being painted right now. I should get all the bodywork back tomorrow.I think you'll like the new color . Car is completely disassembled right now and should start going back together this week.
    JR

Thread Information