Thread: CFC in SEDIV

Liked: 5

Default CFC in SEDIV

Guys to be able to even suggest a proposal to SEDIV, you need to have car counts. With
    out car counts you will get no where. At least 4 or 5 cars per SARRC for the rest of this year and the first half of next year.
    Then make your proposal to SEDIV at the mid year meeting of 2008. Guys your going have to get out and Race those garage queens. I will be more than happy to help, but without CAR COUNTS you will get nowhere.
    Asphalt is for Racing Grass is for Passing
    CEC Racing RF96 #97
    Chuck Cecil

Liked: 0

Default second that thought

I can second that thought based on experience.

I'm thinkin' that CFC s/b limited to rocker-arm (on at least one end) cars only

Liked: 605

Default a regional class by the region not the division?

at the local SCCA meeting tonight I brought this thought up.......let's say that CFC does not rise from the ashes in the next year or so as a SARRC class.......well individual regions can have CFC as a regional only class rather than a class throughout the entire southeastern division. if two regions, one south and one north, allowed that class it might get some to come out somewhat consistently.....example Atlanta region and Central Florida region.....with a little traveling, a CFC driver would have place to go fairly often during the year,,,,,sort of like the class taking a little step and maybe in time car counts would be enough to sustain a SeDiv class.

Liked: 3787

Default Rain on the Parade... well maybe not

Lets be real here folks...

There are approximately 22 SARRC events per year. To have an average of 5 CFC cars per event, that would be a minimum of 110 CFC race entries per year.

If there were even 10 CFC cars in the SEDIV, that would mean each car would have to enter 11 SARRC events per year, not counting the SIC or ARRC.

I'm having a hard time even counting 10 operational CFC cars even if you count '95 and earlier chassis... much less 10 owners that could afford to run 10+ events per year.

You are going to have to create your own private little championship, chip in some cash, and hand out a trophy of your own purchase after the SIC decides your CFC winner. Easy to do, and requires no bureaucrazy with the SCCA.

I might even be arm-twisted into being the points-keeper/registrar. Entry would be something like $5 per race entered. To be in the annual championship hunt your championship entry fees would have to be paid up current before Sept. 15. That way I would have time and money to have the trophy made up for presentation at 'release from impound' at the SIC.

And as a bonus, if one podiums in FC, and wins CFC, they get two trophies. You can and will still 'officially' enter in FC.

As an extra bonus, I'll even write a press release for the winner to give to their hometown newspaper.

As an extra extra bonus... if you were to approach an average of 4 to 5 cars per SARRC event for that yearly average, I would already have the statistics for presentation to SEDIV with your petition.

Liked: 2

Default Southeast series

This is just how the Great Lakes series started !!! All it takes is someone to be interested to organize things just a little bit!! We have Corey Collins (we are very LUCKY) Sounds like you have the FROG.Now, just agree on some races to concentrate on so you have some cars to race with!! You do what has happened here and you will have guys buying CFC's instead of selling them.All anyone wants to do is have someone in a similar car to race with!! There is an FF being converted to race in CFC here!!! You GUYS get it going DOWN THERE!! MAYBE THE 2 SERIES COULD HAVE A BIG FINISH ONE YEAR AT ROAD ALANTA AND THE NEXT AT MID-OHIO??

Liked: 3787

LAJ,

There has been a BIG finish every year since 1999 at Road Atlanta in November. It's the American Road Race of Champions. It has a special CFC Championship race every year.

Some Yankee named Brian Burke came down and won it one year.

We don't have to pick a schedule in SEDIV. We already have the SARRC series to work under with their designated races and points system. It would be easy. (or else I would not have volunteered )

Liked: 30

Default EYE-dea...

EYE may have hit on an idea to help the respective the numbers-- a north & south 'series' under regional supervision within the SARRC series. It would cut the number of events approximately in half (say, 11 north & 11 south) which will make the minimum participation numbers easier to meet. Then have the N-S challenge at the SIC. However, that will necessitate another point keeper...

In the mean time we can enter in FC and do what Mike suggested.

Now if we can only agree on the rules...

Liked: 1

I like the current ARRC CFC rules?
    It will be hard to get the early 90's cars to do CFC with the trend being "Wack the back" and put a chain on it. But (Sorry Russ) the pre '96 cars will face the same thing in FB as they do in FC having to go up aginst 99 VD's in FB too.
    We live in uncertin times, China, Hillary and now the FB uprising.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    I like the current ARRC CFC rules? It will be hard to get the early 90's cars to do CFC with the trend being "Wack the back" and put a chain on it.
    Hey, I think I've come up with the perfect solution for you. Make the CFC rules so that they allow 95 and older FC chassis with either Pinto or motorcycle engines.

That's perfect, right? Just make sure you don't allow 96 cars because that wouldn't be fair to those of us with older chassis.

Russ (ducking for cover :-)
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 30

Default Yes...

ARRC rules works for me, I just want a place to race with half a chance to finish on the podium--actually, it won't be too long before I sell out & I'd like to have a place (read healthy class) to sell my ride. PF proved the formula will work with his win so let's do it...

Liked: 1

I would go for the open engine rule, adjust the FB min. weight and lets race?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Thread Information