Liked: 0

I'm looking to ship a FF motor cross country and need an approximate weight for a complete motor with all ancillaries and approximate dimensions.

Jim Wooldridge
    woolyaz@cox.net

Liked: 605

think 250 pounds. dimensions? that depends on your crate and if the motor is supported on 2X4's braced along and under the engine or are you going to ship it mounted on engine stands? I tend to use Conway Southern Express - very pleased but then i'm only going to Missouri from Florida or back. I have them load it into the van with their forklift and/or remove it right at their docks - extra cost to have them come to me. nationwide? - no idea if CSE is.

I just sent a motor on a round trip to Loyning. It had an aluminum head and was 265 pounds including the molded plastic container. The price using FedEx (air)for the return was $221 including insurance.

Liked: 605

Tom......you mean you can get an engine shipped air freight again?.....after 9/11 there was no way I could get Delta Air freight to ship an item that uses petroleum products, i guess things are a little more normal again

Eye,

They use something called "known shipper" and as long as it's empty of fluids they'll take it. I work for an airline so getting it out there was easy and cheap. The return was impossible unless I was there to ship...so it went FedEx. Arnie is known to them.

Emery will also work.

Tom

Liked: 282

Drain all the fluids and then mark the container and the airbill: Engine Professionally Drained, No hazardous Fluids.
    You should have no problem air freighting a properly crated engine.

Fred

Thread Information