Liked: 101

Default RT41/ Brembo conversion

Hi guys,

I've been searching for a Brembo caliper compatible with the RT41 upright and 13 inch wheel.....so far, no luck. Anyone out there have any info that might help? I know Brembo have been fitted to DB4's and Reynards, but can't find any Ralt folks who have done this.

Best regards,
    Bill Gillespie

Liked: 309

Bill,

IIRC the RT-41 calipers are hybrids, with the inners from one part AP number and the outers from another. That may make fitting a Brembo problematical.

Good luck! Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Hi Stan,

I hope things are well for you, and thanks for the hybrid tip....the oem ap caliper was cp3567, but I believe the 130mm mou nt centers is the biggest problem for a modern upgrade.

Best regards,
    Bill

Liked: 1

The calipers are CP-3345. The CP3567 numbers are casting numbers. Check here (http://www.apracing.com/car/caliper/...?family=CP3345) to see if this looks like your caliper.

That page has links to all the dimensions.

Paul,
    the 3345 ap caliper specs a 304mm disc diameter, and a thickness of 25.4-28mm. My car has 280mm/ 20mm currently. I'm not currently loooking at the car, so I may have a brain bubble....many thanks for the help.

Regardds,
    Bill

Liked: 1

Bill,

Sorry about that.

There are links at the bottom of the above page to cp3345-2s4, -3s4, -4s4 and -5s4. Click one of those. They spec a 280mm disc.

This caliper was made in at least two sizes.

Default Paul

Hi Paul,

Stacy @ MSI was kind enough to send me copies of the original AP engineering drawings of the RT41 caliper.....it is listed as cp3365, but uses the cp3345 pad family...as you pointed out, there are several iterations of the caliper using the 280mm disc with varying thicknesses.....I can email the pdf drawings if you ever have a need...thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Bill

Thread Information