Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default F2000 Championship Series Philosophy

F2000 Championship Series Philosophy

The F2000 Championship Series, or F2000, is designed to offer close competition to an inclusive group of open wheel, single seat formula cars operating under a set of clearly defined rules. While the cars are currently powered by one of several Ford 2 Liter engines, this is not to say that at some point in the future other power plants might be included providing support and equalization are possible.

F2000 was founded on 3 main principals:

1) Vertical Integration between Pro Racing and Club Racing

One of the main tenets of the series is ‘vertical integration’ between amateur [regional and national] and Professional level competition. The ability of competitors currently racing in club competition to be welcome to participate in the Series with minimal alterations to their equipment is tantamount. This allows any Sports Car Club of America [SCCA] legal Formula Continental car, per the SCCA General Competition Rules [GCR], to enter and compete on as level a playing field as can be formulated.

The Series believes in a proven formula which rewards good driving and punishes a mistake; FC (F2000) has met the criteria for 20 years in this country and has trained outstanding drivers who have reached the highest level of motor sports. It is the intent of the Series to consolidate all eligible cars, over time, to be more closely aligned to SCCA GCR FC rules. The Series is determined to remain a single class series, that is, not a two tier series.

2) A Balance of Quality Track time at Premier Tracks with Exposure at High Profile Events

An equally central tenet of F2000 is to compete at great race tracks with excellent track time [quantity] and track times [quality]; the goal being length of sessions and times of sessions scheduled in a way to accommodate the competitor’s desire for sufficient track time at reasonable times of each day of a scheduled competition.

3) Offer the Best Professional Entry Level Program For Both Seasoned and Aspiring Race Car Drivers.

The Series is intent on providing a first class training ground for aspiring drivers, engineers and mechanics both on the track and on the set up platform. Racing is expensive and the Series will pay close attention to containing those costs, but not at the expense of creating another spec class. FC is a class open to ongoing performance development, which is healthy and desirable.

The Series above all is focused on creating a professional atmosphere where drivers, teams and officials can both expand their horizons and enjoy the experience.

Full F2000 Rules will be posted on our website shortly [expected this evening sometime, Thursday 1/11] and we encourage all interested parties to visit www.f2000championshipseries.com for these as well as other pertinent series information.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 01.18.07 at 1:10 PM.

Liked: 48

Default minor correction

I am equally if not more cursed with "fat fingers" when typing .......

the website link needs to be re-typed ...

http://www.f2000championshipseries.com/

you missed an "a" ...actually the only one ................

Greg
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

brendan strikes again

Thanks Greg, I obviously added the "go to request" to the body of the text as I posted and didn't spell check, or it seems even read, what I had typed.
    And thanks to Rob Laverty who, off this thread in private, gave me a dictionary lesson in the difference between "tenent", not even a word, and "tenet", a principle or doctrine.
    All are corrected now.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1908

Rand,

It's OK,..... we still love ya !

Agnif
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 1

I guess all is quite on the Western front, should I try and stir something up?????
    By the way, Cole Morgan is spending a lot of time on my 'My Space' which I have no idea how to access but I here is very funny or was very funny, old Puderbach set it up for me and will not tell me the password.

Charles Finelli

Liked: 142

paul set up your myspace page not me fruitcake.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 96

3AM & 4AM!!!???
    Looks like Chuck & Brendan were hitting the pubs last night.

Friends don't let friends drink & type.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 25

Default Spelling

Still not correct spellling for tenet, Mike, [at least above] if you are going to distribute outside this understanding community. Maybe you've been imprinted with Tenax. We could do a poll on who remembers Tenax fasteners.
    - Frank C
    Edit: The F2000 web site still has tenant!
    Last edited by Frank C; 01.18.07 at 10:32 AM.

Yes Frank, it is still misspelled on the website, that version is pdf'd, and is likely to stay misspelled so just deal with it, ok ?
    I could, and did, correct it on this thread, but as there are relatively few who even realize it is not spelled correctly anyway it just seemed not a big deal to leave it alone.
    Other than busting me for this, how have you been ?

Thread Information