Liked: 0

Default EWC News 01/09/07

Happy New Year!

Please note my new contact info below. In November, I got a supplemental retirement offer from Ford. It turned the risk-reward equation for working in the automotive industry completely upside down. With better career opportunities in hand, I took the buyout.

Production Modeling Corporation is a high-end process improvement consultancy. I’m starting a new practice marketing manufacturing and business process analytics to private equity investment firms. We have a deep bench of experienced operations professionals and a very big tool kit of continuous improvement methods. We’ll be doing some automotive work as the supply base is restructured but we’re diversified across sectors: healthcare / insurance, non-automotive manufacturing / consumer products, and retail / distribution. My business plan is in pretty good shape…now I have to do some real work!

With all of this going on, I’m a little behind on getting the 2007 EWC organized. Realistically, I need to get the schedule finalized in the next two weeks. Three of the four weekends look to be pretty solid: Grattan May 26/27, Blackhawk Farms July 7-8, and Road America August 25-26. There are four choices for the fourth weekend: Nelson Ledges April 28/28, GingerMan July 28/29, or Mid-Ohio either September 8/9 or October 6/7.

The good news is that people are stepping up to help me with the 2007 series. Jon Jeffords will be managing the EWC contingency award program. Dave Harmison, Phil Kingham, John Vlasis, and Jason Byers are sharing driver recruiting for the four EWC weekends. There's still more to. If you've got some time to contibute, please let me know.

See everyone at the Grattan test day...136 days and counting!

Steve Beeler
    Director, Special Situations
    phone: (313)441-4460 x1141
    fax: (313)441-6098
    e-mail: sbeeler@pmcorp.com
    cell: (734)560-6031
    Production Modeling Corporation
    Three Parklane Boulevard Suite 1006 West
    Dearborn, Michigan, USA 48126

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default 4th weekend

My vote for the 4th event is the Oct 6/7 event at MO. Of the 3 events I've done since moving to this side of the Mississippi (Nashville SR, MO DR and Gateway DR), this event had the most FF participation. I need to get back there and try to finish on the podium! Bob, I'm coming after you!!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 4

I would have to vote for the early September M-O date. Thats the only weekend that doesn't conflict with another national. If the 4th event was held on the Oct. weekend at M-O that would fall in the middle of runoffs testing/travel time. While this would not affect all participants I'm sure it would affect a handful of competitors and prep shops.

Steve-
    I tried to send you an email at your new address, but it bounced back. Please drop me an email

aksamcq<at>tds<dot>net

Liked: 3

If you went with gingerman I would probably be able to make all four weekends!!! If not then MO would probably work out best for everybody else. Hell I might even be able to make MO also..........who knows with me!?!?

Andrew

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default Mo

Andrew,
    If you're still thinking of moving, you HAVE to go to MO at least once! It's a great track and you'll be able to tell you're grandkids about it!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Thread Information