Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 1

Default Steve as RE

Steve,

I hope you have really thick skin - witness the kerfluffle with the MAARRS series.

I for one do not oppose doing the WOR Games as part of the GLC and even if it is not going to be part I would race the event anyhow. I suspect that Steve Myers would also be of the same mind.

David Keep

Reynard 90SF

Liked: 22

What if we have five weekends, count your best eight finishes? We could have a schedule that looks like this;

Grattan May 26-27

Waterford June 30 July 1

Gingerman July 28-29

Mid Ohio Sept. 8-9

Mid Ohio Oct.6-7
    Last edited by Westroc #19; 01.04.07 at 5:26 PM. Reason: GLDiv final schedule looks alot diferrent than it used to.
    Corey Collins

Liked: 2

Default I like that Schedule !!

Bingo!! I think that looks like a Great Lakes Challenge Series schedule to me !!!
    I think about a 4 or 5 cars that ran Mid-Ohio were not in the series I will see if I can contact them and see if they will join. I would think that 4 of those races would be in the Divisional series!!! A WIN -WIN

Lee
    Happy Holidays !!!!

Liked: 0

Default Contact

Hey Corey / Lee,

My E-mail is mike.pace@pacesracing.com

Schedule looks good to me. Count me in for '07

Mike

Default Schedule

Newbie input to the schedule. Melissa and I like it.

Melissa's Dad
    Last edited by norton69; 11.26.06 at 11:38 PM.

Liked: 1

Default schedule

I am OK with this schedue and I was OK with the last schedule proposed around a four race week end. Only concern I have is what the Waterford schedule looks like this year.

David Keep

Reynard 90SF

Default Rex-Michael FC Car

Rex and I discussed the situation.
    We WILL NOT be racing in the Great Lakes FC/CFC Series.
    main reason is our work schedule and long drive time.
    also we may add one of them new aluminum cylinder heads and this may prove to be a big bang?? or major bust?? but our goal is to tech out the Reynard to the maximum potential...have total frame off restoration underway..

so we will be competing at Mid Ohio and possibly another trck or two but not in your GL Series as a competitor..

see you at the track

MJB

Wow Mike, this comes as a surprise. If you plan on running at a couple of other tracks, why wouldn't you run with us? It looks like we will be running twice at M.O., so why not compete in our series? If you have some concerns with the schedule, let it be known! This is why we debate things, so we can accommodate everyone, if that is possible.
    Corey Collins

Default Tracks??

I personaly will be behind the 8 ball not being able to make it to Denver,Colorado till Around March to pic up my car, then I will have to rebuild a car( 85 Talon FF converted to FC) I will have to build new front and rear wings(design is finished) figure out what springs I want to run then have the shocks valved to my specs (Koni doubles) .I noticed from the picture they sent me that it does not have a fresh air intake scoop? so I will have to design and build one of those!! A lot of work but the car does have a lot going for it like the widest track & longest wheel base of almost any CFC out there and with PUSHROD front and rear susp.Now I just have to make it all work!! & go back to drivers school (no license since 96) I will drive my 85 Tiga S2000 in shool and a double Reg at Waterford to learn the track.
    a.Drivers school at Nelson or Waterford with reg.
    b.Weekend at Waterford with S2000 sometime in MAY or JUNE
    1.Grattan -Will mis My Car CFC will not be ready by then (I do not think) very neat track tho!!
    2.Mid-Ohio - car should be done and it will be it's first outing.
    3.Gingerman- I have only crewed there but should have notes from a friend!!
    4.Waterford-I should have driven the track by then and have a handle on my Talon by then.
    5.Mid-Ohio- WOR Games !!
    6.Rd. Atlanta ARRC!! I just have to race with the Purple Frog Man sometime !!
    Hope to have a lot of fun!!
    Lee
    Last edited by LAJ; 11.25.06 at 7:11 PM.

Liked: 9

Lee,

What would it cost to get a set of front wings from you. I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of your design.

Brad
    Currently Without Car

Default The PAIN!!

Sorry Brad
    i HATE MAKING WINGS!!! that said Brad anymore I make them for myself only! I will make them using the 2" thick blue foam you get at Lowes cut to form,hand form Aluminum ribs over oak cut to the rib design with a epoxy glueing the Aluminum skin to the blue foam and ribs.My front wings will be very similar to the Pennon Aero-Avant with a single main plane that goes all the way across with additional winglets.I will use the same main element(foil design) as the lower rear element.The upper rear will be a lot differant than what is on most cars. I am also building my own Diffuser.I am doing it only to save money as Averill's & Pennon's prices (reasonable) were just not in my budget for next year and I fear the currant wings on the car are higher drag,high downforce and would create problems balancing the car !! The wings are one thing that I can make for the car with out it being here.

I think Averill & Pennon make very good wings and prices for both would be around $2,000.
    Lee Happy Holidays !!
    ps. now it is back to my NEW shop to work on my S2000. I would Like to thank Mr.Guedes for the Molson for with it I could not have completed my shop!!
    Last edited by LAJ; 11.25.06 at 7:23 PM.

Default Waterford

Lee,

As it stands right now there will not be a SCCA driving school nor a reg. race at Waterford. This information is about two weeks old so something may have changed. Will let you know if it has.

Jim

Default Waterford Schedule

This is the last post I have seen and will be official on Monday Dec 11th...

http://www.waterfordhills.com/phpBB2...pic.php?t=6411

There is a WHRRI club meeting tomorrow night and would be good to know if the August race for the GL FC/CFC series will include Waterfords August 25,26 weekend. There has been a couple of questions regarding our own race group not only here on APEX, but also at WHRRI. Would be good to know a ball park number of entries to assist with discussions with the BOD tomorrow night.

If we can't get our own race group for the Saturday's and Sunday's race, possibly we could get the Sunday afternoon feature race as our own group??? I'd be happy to bring up this to the BOD tomorrow if I have enough information.

To continue to push for this race group, we need some kind of committment for group size.

This being the December meeting, there is only (4) more meetings before racing season.

Any thoughts?

Mike
    e-mail: mike.pace@pacesracing.com

Hey Mike, check your mail.

I have been corresponding with Gebhardt and Doprirak to help push this idea along. I haven't finalized our schedule yet. Still waiting for the Scca Regional schedule to be released. I don't want our schedule to conflict with Waterfords, and by the looks of the Waterford schedule, we may be changing our GLC schedule a bit.

What time is the meeting. Is it at the Clubhouse?
    Last edited by Westroc #19; 12.05.06 at 9:03 PM.
    Corey Collins

Default Meeting

Corey,

At the Clubhouse
    starts at 8:00pm

Let me know if you are going to go.

I got your E-mail...

Thanks/
    Mike

Liked: 95

Hi - just spoke to Corey and he and I will be at the meeting tonite.

See you there.

Jim
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Default WestRoc

Hey!! What is UP?? Jim

Liked: 30

Default Final Schedule?

Now that the '07 Great Lakes Div schedule in out has the series schedule been finalized?

Where is the O'Reilly Raceway Park?

DaveK

Never mind... it's IRP... Sorry.
    Last edited by RacerDave51; 01.04.07 at 11:13 AM. Reason: stupidity

Default Irp

IRP is now Oreilly raceway park...
    one of my favorite tracks.....
    mjb

Hey Dave, our schedule will be finalized on the 13th of this month.

ORP will not be on the schedule since I cannot convince enough of the GLC competitors to go. Safety and the general disrepair of the track are the main reasons for not attending.

I would race there if we could convince enough guys to go. Maybe "08"?

I would love to get you southern drivers involved somehow in the future. If you could find enough interested drivers (FC/CFC) down there that would travel to two races up here, maybe I can convince the guys up here to attend two races down there. Probably a hard sell, but always a possibility. You had mentioned last season you would like to attend one weekend up here. Hope to see you this season. We should be looking at 12 to 15 car fields as it stands right now. Some guys are still on the fence waiting for a final schedule. With the possibility of 20 car feild's, it shouldn't be to difficult to attract more drivers.
    Corey Collins

Liked: 30

We're going to try for the MO race(s) this year. I guess the final schedule will post here (?) in the near future.

Thanks

Posted here on the 14th.
    Corey Collins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information