Liked: 0

Default Natural Born Driver

Born and bread in the fuel of motors, I now look to pick up where I left off. I raced KART in michigan from Ravenna to Lansing and all the way down to South Bend Indiana and had to stop due to college. I am looking to get the ball rolling again with racing but I know nothing about where to start. Could anyone fix me in the right direction and help get ahold of a team owner some where, or a road course to get started at? All I need is an oppurtunity to untap my naturaly born talent to fuse with a car and make her sing.

Liked: 9

Where in Illinois are you? Maybe a trip to Rockton, IL. to Blackhawk Farms is what the doctor will order. First SCCA race there will be April 28-29 weekend. It is a driver's school/race weekend. I plan to be there with my 1989 Van Diemen CFC car. PM me if you have any other questions.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 190

Nic,

There are a lot of possibilities. Do you have a classification (FF, FC, ect) or a budget (more important) in mind? If your in Northern Illinois, you are in a good "formula car" area with loads of options. You've got a few months before the season starts. Ask lots of questions and look at ALL the possibilities. ApexSpeed is a great place for info and research.

We are going to have a couple of cars (FST and FV) at the KMI show in February on display. Come by and take a look and ask questions.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Lindstrand Motorsports

Look up the Lindstrands, they will take care of you and put you in a car that you can win in. I know they have CF's, FF's and FC's, possibly more. Bruce is a great coach and driver and his lovely wife Cindy (sp?) is a master of everything. They are in your neck of the woods too!

Default Cik

Perhaps the first trip to make should be to Chicago Indoor Karting February 11th...

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...eferrerid=1599

Meet the ApexSpeed crowd, learn about potential formula car options, show off the talents, keep Tim's ringer buddy from winning the whole shootin' match...

Liked: 605

get a copy of SportsCar and start calling all the ads you can find.....ask the shop owners about teams and cars for rent - it doesn't matter if it's an engine builder you call, they know the shops and teams - call people with cars for sale and ask them who the shops are that you should call - get digging

Contributing Member Allan Davies's Avatar

And if you haven't read it yet, Carroll Smith's book "Drive to Win" might give you some good ideas. It will certainly help further your education.

Allan

Liked: 14

Default thats the spirit

know how you feel, after I grad from Western in 98' I wanted to go racing, i learned the trade and I have a full race shop inside GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, btw if you want to be a good driver ya need to drive at G-Man, its only 1.5 hrs from Chi-town if you take the Skyway. I can put you in a Formula Mazda, Fomula Ford or Radical and get you going. SCCA comes around here with a great driver's school, national and regional events in 07'. best regards

Thread Information