Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    Charles Finelli,
    extreme novice, in way over his head with a lot nonsense to espouse AND I have had onle 3 scotches upon writing this, wait untill I come home at 4 AM and start writing
    Charles,

Instead of breaking Bob/Al/Mike's balls, lets be thankful they got the Cleveland date. We can nag them later :-)

Thom... (Fellow Fat Boy novice)

Liked: 1

Mark, you still owe me a diffuser when you rammed me in the rear at Cleveland and for that matter a steering connecting arm from the 2nd race at Cleveland. Only kidding. Do you remeber me? Yellow Zetec! Hope your holidays are going well. Look forward to seeing you in the F2000!

As far as a two tier series just a thought/hope since for some reason the series doesn't think my 245 pounds of solid muscle is handicap enough that if I had extra horsepower and sticky tires they couldn't catch me. Watching a Pinto move up on me on the straight at Lime Rock while my restricted engine was gasping for air was not comforting. I guess I have to buy the 3 sets of Mag wheels ($5,000.00), to replace my now worthless but inexpensive 8"10" alum., switch to the super Pennon diffuser ($2,300.00), by the way thank god I had the $600.00 Zetec diffuser when we 1st met, Stimola says he can find me the Krypton/Argon infused Quadruple Titanium shocks for about $7,000.00 so I can replace very good but worhtless Dynamics. I am still waiting for my wind tunnel results to come back from NASA on my new front nose/wing as for my new ceramic/carbon gears and Dif no one will touch me now, and that Zetec engine went for porting and polishing last week and a few other tricks that will get by unnoticed since I will BE LAST ANYWAY. You see I still am very new to all this and do not know how to drive all that well as you already know from our experience at Cleveland last year.

Charles Finelli
    Super Novice

Mike you are right, just stirring the pot. THANK YOU for putting together a great bunch of guys, looking forward to racing sooner than expected, March/Atlanta.

Charles Finelli
    Super Novice/Experienced BallBuster

What will be great is when they keep on giving the ProCooper Zetec softer tires better mapping and less restriction every time a pinto or FC Zetec gets faster with more tricks. They will be spending more and more $$$$$$$ to go faster and the 15 or so ProCooper Zetecs will be laughing to the bank since they will have to make us competitive in order to keep our 15 cars around. To make us competitive is very inexpensive for us. Thanks guys. Eventually the tractor engine will disappear and you will be left with 2 choices convert to our ProCooper Zetec or the FC conversion which is an expensive moving target.

MY advice to all Pinto FC conversions GO ProCooper Zetec since that is the future.

Charles Finelli
    Super Novice Driver/Master BallBuster

Mark I know you are going to say that my Zetec should have been way ahead of you anyway but I blame it on the wind direction that day and my 245 pounds and that you are an excellant driver.

Charles Finelli

Mark I know you are going to say that my Zetec should have been way ahead of you anyway but I blame it on the wind direction that day and my 245 pounds and that you are an excellant driver.

Charles Finelli
    If you're 245, you better get your fat ass on a diet--like me. Next year I want to be Fat Boy Racing in spirit only!

Thom Reilly

Liked: 142

Charles Finelli

Mark's not gonna say it but I sure as hell am!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Thank you thom for Avatar advice

And Hazelnut dreams of being faster than me. Since I am pretty bad at driving AND can beat the crap out of Hazelnut every time what is Hazelnut to do. FF maybe

Liked: 24

Charles, I don't think the develpment costs are near as high as you say. The pennon super diffuser is not that much (last time I bought one, less than half what you are saying), and Brad was offering extenders to the Van Diemen diffuser which made the two almost identical. Yeah, you could buy an aluminum diff and REM a few parts. The difference in lap times, less than a tenth. The shocks is ridiculous, guys won races in the F2000 series, nationals and the Runoffs with dynamics and triple Penskes, etc. You can accomplish almost everything with a set of triple penskes, and I would guess that if you knew how to valve dynamics, you could do the same.

A couple of nice things about the FC open spec are:

1) You dont have to buy the series spec updates which come out every year or two. I can assure you that my few performance modifications that actually affect performance on my FC cost well less the the aero updates, brake updates, body work, wings etc. that the pro series changed spec. Remeber every pro team had to buy multiple sets of 8s and 10s and noses and wings...

2) You dont have to buy a $1600.00 spec exhaust system. Find an alternative source. Buy the nose of your choice or the brake pads and rotors that last the longest, not what was spec due to who knows why. You think Pennon charges too much, there are others that do fiberglass work, or get Brad to outsource it.

-Rick Silver

Les, it appears that you preparing for the eventual demise of the Pinto. When no one has a pinto any longer the restrictor plate will come off and we are off to the races without the Aero/Dif/gear wars. Very smart.

It will catch on here in the east coast when a lot of the Cooper cars come on line with the big wheels and sealed engine shocks and aero. I know of 9 of them that will not switch to small rims and developement wars. I predict within a year that 2/3 of the East coast field will be on large rims and maybe 2 pinto cars and a handfull of Zetec in FC trim.

Good work and good luck. I may just move west.

Charles Finelli

Rick you are right, I know that my slow lap times are not caused by lack of the latest bells & whistles but owing more to my lack of skill. But when the wallet is flush and the snake oil salesman arrives guess what, you pay AND as you drive more and more you begin to get better and better and everyone begins to say it must be the shocks the aero the dif never thinking that maybe the driver is getting better.

Quick question, what is price of front mustache assembly? Best Diffuser? Best tranny upgrades and full set of gears? I also understand that I can unseal the engine and begin some tweaking any idea cost? also ceramic bearings?

Charles Finelli

Les, when do you predict the removal of restriction and map?? If only 1 or 2 Pintos show up why keep any restriction on your engine? Let her breath!!!

It will happen here on the East coast a little further down the line when Pinto cars are gone and there is no reason to have an FC Zetec.
    Last edited by Zebra; 12.17.06 at 4:45 PM.

Just thinking out loud here. The reason I see for the Zetec pinto conversion is that there are a lot of guys with the ceramic wheel bearings, lightened dif and CV housing and the 10k Penskes and tweeked Aero that they do not want to give up. Also, I believe, that if we removed restriction on the Zetec engine it will detonate the trick tranny.

Les, keep your eye on the prize and keep OUT ALL FC Zetecs very smart move.

Charles Finelli
    Last edited by Zebra; 12.17.06 at 4:45 PM.

Thom Reilly all well i hope

Thom Reilly all well i hope
    What are you talking about?

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

charles, don't bust mark's balls. if you don't want him to hit you in the ass...drive faster.

Exactly

Charles Finelli

Default Bob Wright...are you out there??

Bob,

Got a question for you, please get in touch.......

hardrockrat@mindspring.com

Tx
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information