Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 65

Chet, if you haven’t found a place to check out helmets, Safe-Quip will be at Moroso end of Dec, and then the Nationals at Sebring and Homestead in Jan. Tim just got in a bunch of blemished Bells, good to save a few $$ esp if you are going to get it painted. Don’t call him at the shop tho, he’s already headed south.

I just spent a liquid sunshine filled day going over to see Tim with my freshly cleaned balaclava to see what fits my alien shaped head. Round from the ears up, square cheekbones, narrow jaw and behind ears. Dominator and GTX fit the best, but since I wear glasses the larger eye port of the BR-1 was the best all round choice. I don’t see myself getting contacts or eye surgery soon. The cheek and neck foam of the Dominator/GTX is firmer than the BR-1 or M-2, M-3, so it feels slightly looser down low than I would like. But it doesn’t hurt my head like my old Simpson Voyager. May take the stiffer foam out of the old Simpson, (what good is an out of date helmet?) check with Bell on replacement foam, or figure out some other solution.

Liked: 0

Default Try on . . . try out

I have had a Vudo helmet for a number of years. Yes, trying on a helmet before purchasing is critical. But what you can't learn from fitting the thing in a store is what it will do on track, at speed. For some reason, in my VD 98, especially if I am seated a little off optimally, with full exposure to the wind, I have experienced head buffeting. The Vudo is best of the helmets I've tried at reducing this annoying feature of my car. Despite the price, I really recommend it for that reason.

Contributing Member Chet Zerlin's Avatar
    Liked: 4

thanks Ted - Murry's Speed Shop got a shipment of a few different Bells and I ended up with the SA 2005 Sport III. After trying on the GTX and the Dominator I felt that the lower lip on both would interfere with my HANS and the belts. Medium fit me fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information