Liked: 0

Default Cooprseries race at Mid Ohio with the IRL

Just was informed that no one under the age of 18 will be able to compete during the IRL weekend at Mid Ohio.

Don't know howmany people this affects but thought I would let people know before to many plans get made.

Thanks
    J. Spitler

Liked: 19

That is the IRL's policy........
    Not very ladder series friendly. I know F Mazda got turned off to the idea of running with them. Grand-AM had the colin brun thing at Watkins last year......

Must keep the insurance costs down........

But Hey the good news is - The Hankook F2000 series won't be limited by age!

I could understand if it was an insurance thing but it all stems from there tabbacco sponsorship (from what I under stand). We are going to bounce around and get track time this year. Thanks

Default Masters series

Actually there is an age requirment for the Hankook series. It's 30 instead of 18. How can a series be called a "Pro" series when there are no young drivers or big events??? Seems like just national club racing. Cooper series has young drivers and big events!

and you are being paid how much to win in the "Real" pro series? .....
    www.frisbyracetire.com
    Chicago, Las Vegas
    Avon, Hoosier, Goodyear

Getting rides in Atlantic and IPS are much more rewarding than racing for free entry fees

Contributing Member
    Liked: 100

the definition of "pro" is usually applied when a series pays out a purse per finishing positions. the hankook series does indeed pay out a purse, unlike the cooper series which doesn't pay out a dime.
    as far as being called "pro", i'm sure most of the old farts racing in the hankook series could care less if it's called a "pro" series or not. they just want to have a fun race weekend racing in their own group at some great tracks.

mark d

Liked: 19

Default Full stop

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    Actually there is an age requirment for the Hankook series. It's 30 instead of 18. How can a series be called a "Pro" series when there are no young drivers or big events??? Seems like just national club racing. Cooper series has young drivers and big events!
    WOW

Yea - its not about the prize money....... or Atlantic test (though a test I would like...Bobby!!)
    I tend to crash a lot in practice - I had to go where the parts were....... Sorry....

I would have enjoyed mixing it up with all 2 of the kids......

Maybe, just maybe, it's a "PRO" series when enough high quality spectators attend that we can get someone else to pay for what we would normally do anyway.

COOPER Cleveland and Mid-Ohio w/IRL qualifies as well as

F2000 East at Watkins Glen

Mike

I don't think anyone cares about a check at the end of the day to consider themeselves a professional or not. What they care about is how seriously they take their competition and how they approach their racing which is going to deliniate the pro from the amateur.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

doug, quit wasting time on apex and finish my car. seriously, talked to glen and will take care of the wing stuff....

sorry for hijacking the thread..... continue arguing

Thread Information