Liked: 0

Default "Brand New" 2.0 L Pinto Engine on Ebay

FYI. There is an ad on EBay for a brand new, crated 2.0L Pinto engine from Ford. Located in the UK. Can this engine be used in FF2000? I believe that the ad said it was the "205" block.

Item # 320054831760

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1495

Sure, but why bother when the cost of buying it and getting it here are 50% of the cost of a good race-prepped motor? The head would be a real unknown.

Default Still learning

I'm new to the sport and still very early in the learning process. I've seen references to sleeved blocks and the shortage of some original parts. Therefore, I thought this ad might interest some on the board. Sorry if I made my ignorance too obvious for some.

Liked: 126

Steve,

Rick's right. You can pick up a decent Regional Pinto with everything for about $3000 - $3500. It'll cost you far more to start with a stock engine, ship it from the UK, find all the rest of the necessary parts, and have someone do the engine building than it is to purchase a used one.

Feel free to ask anything here Steve. Sometimes you might need a thick skin...

Rob

Default ditto what Rob said.

Everyone starts out with various levels of knowledge.

Don't be shy about asking questions here... however, you may have seen that there are multiple answers (opinions as to best way) to the same question.

So go ahead and ask and read all of the responses, then make an (informed) decision that you can be comfortable with.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1495

I didn't mean to sound harsh .

Somebody in the UK will have a good time fitting that Pinto into an old Fiesta!

The good thing about buying an existing race-prepped motor is knowing what it will put out. The head on the new UK Pinto might be lousy for our applications.

Thread Information