Liked: 95

Default Swift DB4 questions

I have 3 topics right now that need answers. During ground up R&R I need to know of a good supplier for brake caliper rebuild parts to totally redo the calipers. Seals maybe pistons etc.
    Second engine is out and all the heads of the rivets along the bottom row of the fire wall all have the heads pulled thru. I can tell the size but I need to know how deep they were from the factory at least so I install the right ones the right way. No other rivets are loose on the entire car why these?? Service item?? Somehow I don't think so. So what's up with why just those. Theories???
    Have a Staffs box and no gear sets for CenDiv. Stupid question but just in case do they use the same gear sets as The Hewlands I have in my FC cars. Not interested in what gear ratios right now just what TYPE of gears to be looking for. Staafs for Staffs box or what.

I work ALOT so I will thank everyone for their response{s} in advance. Haven't had 1 day off in over a month. Tired boy.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 553

Re: Brakes - They vary (brand, model, etc.). You'll need to get brand and part numbers off the calipers before you can progress with that.

Kevin @ Comprent is very knowledgable & helpful (site sponser). Richard Pare can probably help, as well as Paul LeCain (forum participants).

Kevin knows the Staffs box and has lots of gears.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 44

The gear box uses Staffs gears, and Hewland Mk 5 gears. If you get a Mk5 2nd gear, make sure the lay shaft gear is shortened .040". If you don't shorten it the rest of the gears don't stack up right (ask the owner of the car I crew on about learning that the hard way.)

We had the fuel cell out last year, I do not remember any issues with any of the rivets pulling through the bulkhead. We had to remove the cell as someone prior to us replaced a rivet near the pin on the left side that locates the engine cover. In replacing said rivet, they used a drill and went into the cell. we could not put in more than 8 gal of fuel without having gas leak out. As I remember, there are about 60 rivets on that plate. I believe that this line of rivets go into a 3/4 inch square tube, so loose rivet pieces may not be a problem in cutting the cell. 1/8 inch long rivets would work.

As to why this happened? Damage from bottoming out the tub in this area? Some one using aluminum rivets instead of steel rivets? The bulkhead piece in our car is a material like formica.

Liked: 8

Default Staffs Gears

I have probably 20 extra gear sets for the Staffs box. If interested, either email or give me a call (410 849-3209).
    Joe Woodward

Liked: 611

Default Swift DB-4

Jim,
    Stop by and I will answer your questions. Caliper parts on the shelf.
    Keith
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 95

Default Swift DB4

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Jim,
    Stop by and I will answer your questions. Caliper parts on the shelf.
    Keith
    Maybe I took your comment too literally. When you said nothing to do with it I figured you meant that. This makes it SO much easier. Hate looking like a fool on the web asking stupid questions. First day off since Oct 23. Things are SUPPOSED to be dead. The only thing that's going to be is me pretty soon. Of course I'll come in. By the way Reynard coming your way on open trailer this coming Sat.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Thread Information