Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Tentative 2007 schedule announced for the second season of the F2000 Championship Ser

F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES NEWS
    TENTATIVE SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED FOR 2007
    November 22, 2006

Following the successful inaugural campaign in 2006, the F2000 Championship Series has announced a tentative six weekend-12 race series for 2007.
    Starting in March with Round 1 at the Road Atlanta circuit for the Series initial appearance at the North Georgia circuit, the series features one double race weekend per month for six months.
    The series will then follow the spring weather north with Round 2 at Virginia International Raceway in April. VIR was the site of the first ever F2000 Championship Series event also in April of 2006.
    The Series will next visit Summit Point Raceway in May for Round 3 at the West Virginia track which hosted the second ever F2000 Championship Series event in 2006.
    June will see the Series joining the Grand Am Rolex Sports Car series at Watkins Glen on the traditional 6 Hour race weekend. With Watkins Glen being almost every driver’s favorite track, this weekend is sure to be a standout for all competitors as well as the always substantial spectator turnout.
    In July the Series returns to the Mid Ohio Sportscar Course for a repeat engagement at one of the Nation’s finest facilities.
    The finale is scheduled for Connecticut’s Lime Rock Park on the newly dated NASCAR Busch East date in August to wind up the season.
    With final rules and specifications to be announced soon, as well as new commercial relationships and sponsorships, the series looks forward to entering the second season with Hankook Tires returning as the Official Tire and sole supplier for the F2000 Championship Series.

March 16-18, Road Atlanta
    April 13-15, Virginia International Raceway
    May 18-20, Summit Point Raceway
    June 8-10, Watkins Glen International
    July 13-15, Mid Ohio Sportscar Course
    August 17-18, Lime Rock Park

Liked: 0

Default Great News!

Nice!!

Glad to see you bringing the show down south!! The track is a blast, and I am sure you will see some "new" participants join you there.

Bummer though........ same weekend as the Sebring 12 Hour event ......... Our company has a standing committment to attend that event with clients and staff............ Not sure I can get out of that.................. crap!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 3787

What a fantastic schedule! 6 all-time great tracks. Spaced out into a reasonable time frame. Wow!

Shame I'm such a snail, or I'd be tempted to play.

Liked: 142

mike you mentioned that you'll be running with grand am at the glen and busch east at lime rock but who will the series be running with at the rest of the events?

March 16-18, Road Atlanta
    April 13-15, Virginia International Raceway
    May 18-20, Summit Point Raceway
    July 13-15, Mid Ohio Sportscar Course
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Thanks for the comments guys, we think the 6 doubles in 6 months is pretty nice as well.
    Sorry about the conflict with the 12 Hour but in the interest of going to Road Atlanta it seemed worth it.
    Frogs eat snails, don't they ? Come see us at the PRI show Mike, maybe we can twist your arm. Robert, Al and I will be there Thursday throuh Saturday afternoon. Find us, or leave a message, at Angelo Zarras ANZI Engineering booth.
    Brendan, much like 2006 we looked first at what tracks then tried to set up at events that fit our resources and schedule. So the answer to your question is:
    Rd Atlanta in March with NASA
    VIR in April with VDCA Historics
    Summit Point in May with Brian Redman Historics
    Mid Ohio in July with NASA
    Add in Watkins Glen in June with Grand Am 6 Hour
    Lime Rock in August with Busch East
    and you've got the schedule.

Pluses to these dates are great tracks as well as great track time and times. That is not only can we arrange appropriate lengths of sessions but we are at better times of the day not hours and hours apart or very early and very late. Minus would be percieved low profile of these events but let's be honest, when a support race on a major weekend is racing at 6PM who is watching anyway ?

mike,

thanks for the info. Looks like you'll be at some good tracks!

-Brendan
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 19

Default At least its not easter

I'll tell ya....... I don't know why you guys have to rock the boat. Everybody knows F2000 schedules don't come out until March or April..... Its only November!!! Not even Thanksgiving!

I'm on the fence about a title defense. I think to keep with the old tradition... I'll let everyone know what I'm doing a week before the season is going to start.

Default What ya drivin?

Hey Matt,

Didn't you sell your ride Got a new missle do ya?
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 14

the summit, mid o, and lime rock race are all up against dates on the propsed NeDiv national schedule. curious what this does to entries
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

To us or NeDiv? Where's the proposed schedule posted? I checked the NESSCA site with no luck finding a 2007 list.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 14

Its going to hurt everyones entry. I have had the schedule since the mini-con but it can be found here http://www.wdcr-scca.org/pdfs/tentat...NeDivSched.pdf
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

Default scheduling conflicts.

this is a little harsh, but i have difficulty caring about the scca schedule, given the current situation in DC region. there should be limits to how far and how long we'll bend over. personally, i don't care to have another. my 2 cents (think that brings it up to 6 this year)..ric

see you in march

Liked: 120

Ric, you run a lot of SCCA events last few years?

While the pro schedule will probably attract a lot of national level drivers, regional competition looks pretty good for the upcoming season in the northeast region with some new cars and drivers.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

i think about 10 races. enough to keep up my national license the last couple of years. i just didn't do anything in the northeast this year, in SCCA anyway. heard you bought an FC.

Liked: 1

1 I want track time. who cares about grand am/le mans unless we are racing with Champ car it all sucks So Brenden don't be such a snob

2. Who cares about SCCA waiting around a track all day for 10 minutes of track time before someone crashes and they black flag us. Too much time and money to save 500.00 in entry fees.

3. Matt, you were allright this 1st year but it the series is going to atract more competition but 8 guess you know that

Clearly Charlie has been drinking as his english has fallen bellow Hazelnut's standards and he is trying to start ****.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Default 2007 Schedule

I agree with my good friend, Charles (Zebra) Finelli, that how much time we get on track and what time of day we race is more important than who we share the date with. I love each track, although I haven't been to Atlanta--I'm really looking forward to it.

Bob, Al & Mike: Great job! Open wheel is threatened at every level from NASCAR to Miata's, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Thom Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Kniffin View Post
    Clearly Charlie has been drinking as his english has fallen bellow Hazelnut's standards and he is trying to start ****.
    What **** is he starting? (I know, but I'm not telling.)

i was just asking who the series will be running with is all!

Unlike charles I like to be a least partially informed before I start with my "diahreah of the mouth"

How shall I start? All who know me know that I am a dick. That said, lets see what can be stirred up.

Lets start with the premise that we are all spending more money than we bring in! And we must admit that the time we spend doing this not only will not be recouped by a sponsor but also costs us money not doing what we do best.

So, delusions of grandeur aside, we must decide what is best for our individual personalities and goals. I personally like all the people I have raced with in Formula 2000. Coming from a backround in racing sail boats I find the friendship and after race get togethers quit relaxing. I know some of us take racing so seriously that they want to leave others bloodied at the side of the track, I agree, but I have caused, right or wrong, some serious damage on many a mega yacht and met it with a handshake at the dock. That is what I look forward to at the end of a day of racing, good friends, good laughs, rehash of the races, good dinner.

I did not meet anyone at F2000 that will be Schumacher, Sorry Matt, so why are we doing what we do? Some need the exposure of big events to attract some money to offset the cost of racing but non of us that I met this year will make money at this. So, if this holds true, high profile events are irrelevant, but, if we want to attract young fast upcoming kids, we must have Champ Car, Le Mans, IRL. That will create a lot of fun for us and a slight chance of sponsorship but, more impotantly, it will attract young karting kids and we will be along for a fun ride with the young kids. Therefore I wish the best to the guys organizing F2000 without them I would be without viable options, my hat is off to them and thank them very much for their effort.

My suggestion to them is not so much attracting Pinto cars but attracting young karting guys to buy a spec type Zetec Continental.

Look forward to seeing you all in 2007

Charles Finelli

Definition of "dick" as used by Charles Finelli:
    Someone who has a hell of a good time with his hobby, can be loud, occasionally outspoken, often wrong but never in doubt, almost permanent smile on his Fat Boy [their name, not mine] face, loves being at the track, will help anyone with anything [just don't ask him for driving tips, he'll answer but you might be better off not listening], enjoys everyones company, good food, fine wine, and it seems his life in general.
    In other words, one of us, and a pleasant addition to any event.
    But I am willing to bet the folks at the yacht club weren't all that sorry to see Charles take up a different hobby.
    I must admit I detected a hint of the grape in his horribly spelled and phrased post, a prime example of PWI it seems. Maybe he has been spending to much time with Brendan ?
    Now, Puderman, aka Hazelnut, well, let's not get started on him.....keep smiling Brendan.

Liked: 8

OK schedule for us,Mike. I think Charles is probably correct. I think we all had a great time last season. Any idea what gears to use at RA? for a pinto. Thanks, Craig We're looking forward to spilling beer in your seats,probably with a little Capn n coke mixed in!

I think I posted at about 1:30 AM take A GUESS what I may have been doing before hand.

stuffing twinkies down your pie hole?

Liked: 106

gezz, Brendan, your freaking brutal.

Mike, I'm looking forward to 07 and hopefully getting some time with you guys. As I mentioned in some previous post. These are great guys, great seat time.whats not to like.

I'm curious, how many older "classic" guys would come out and have at it. even just locally.

Hey Mr Frog. I showed up with a Reynard, it was a blast. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Boy Brenden a lot of anger I see. Maybe you should go back to beating your dog.

By the way, Chris's Zetec has arrived at our shop last night lets take a look later

hehe i just like givin chucky crap! Trust me if you shared a shop with him and got to enjoy his kitty litter "beach" you'd enjoy braking his balls a little bit too!

As always he's welcome to reciprocate and any return ball braking is encouraged and welcomed!

chuck i'm heading to the shop at like 1 today, see you over there.

Liked: 19

Default Left holding the bag

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    I did not meet anyone at F2000 that will be Schumacher, Sorry Matt,
    Charles Finelli
    You had to be half in the bag to pull that one out....... Besides who wants to be him.... I'd rather have the Irv the swerve lifestyle........ chics, yachts, tv shows....... dude has it made.

Whats with you NY'rs..... Can't even pronounce coffee and anybody north of white plains is a hick........ No wonder you guys wear pink hats with no shame.... Everybody down there has an attitude now somebody else has gone out to spend more money than stinkbrenner to win a pennant.... twinkies.....pie holes.........A-rod.... theres a connection.

Exposure is a good topic...... Maybe not in this forum... I'm thinking more around Orlando in say... 3 weeks or so. I'll be at Rachel's in the champagne room with the CFO of GTP/VD component parts...... He says anybody that spent over $10k this year with him is invited for free. With enough Guiness in me, I'll be happy to expell what I think about exposure and sponsorship's.....

And If anyone wants to talk about sponsoring me in both the Hankook and Cooper series next year (in the same car.....?? ) They can be my guest......

We are going to start some rumours about carbon cars in the Hankook series for '08. Maybe with a Japanese or German powerplant.... Wheres that seat car from??

Oh I hate Monday's...........

These long holiday weekends play havoc with Matt's meds it seems. Drink up boy, drink up....

Thread Information