Liked: 0

Default FSCCA National Championship race

Hi all,

Now that I'm here in Atlanta, I've started eformulacarnews.com's coverage of the season-ending National Championship race. Reports and results will be posted on the frontpage of the website, while the forums will have bews and notes from the track. Be sure to stop by www.eformulacarnews.com for all the latest.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Default Aleckson Takes FSCCA National Championship

Brandon Aleckson, San Francisco Region's Formula SCCA Series champion for 2006 takes the FSCCA National Championship at Road Atlanta November 11, 2006. Congratulations to Brandon for driving a great race. For more details see www.eformulacarnews.com or go directly to http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...e7c5b07655d59a

Thanks for a great write up on eformulanews Al Craighead!

Chuck

Liked: 309

Way to go, Brandon! I like the way you "carried the colors" for San Francisco Region...

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default I knew he could do it!

OK Brandon,so Not winning FA in the San Francisco is not such a bad thing afterall? I think NOT winning FA against Real FA's got him wound up and he took it out on these guys! Congrats to Brandon,his dad Dan and Chuck Johnson for making the long trip worthwhile!
    Last edited by D.T. Benner; 11.11.06 at 10:11 PM.

Default times?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Brandon Aleckson, San Francisco Region's Formula SCCA Series champion for 2006 takes the FSCCA National Championship at Road Atlanta November 11, 2006. Congratulations to Brandon for driving a great race. For more details see www.eformulacarnews.com or go directly to http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...e7c5b07655d59a

Thanks for a great write up on eformulanews Al Craighead!

Chuck
    Are the fast times listed in the article correct? If so great job by first and second to be almost 2 seconds a lap faster than everyone else.

Now that I am home and not pushing the motel check out time in Braselton, GA I want to properly thank a few people for the outstanding help we West Coasters (we're not LEFT coasters) had at Road Atlanta.

On behalf of Brandon Aleckson, his father Dan (who are towing back to California) and myself, many thanks to Comprent Motorsports, Dolphin Motorsports and Robinson Motorsports for having the parts we needed to resolve a nagging engine low end bog problem that wasn't corrected until about thirty minutes prior to the start of the race. Also to Erik and Jerry at Enterprises for their spare EEC, Amanda Hennessy for getting greasy along with Dan and myself, Chris Doyle for his "possible bad injector" hint and Mark Marchbanks for some electrical stuff (I may be missing someone, and apologize if we did). Their help made Brandon's win possible, not to mention Brandon's driving skills.

Lots of kudos to Terrick Mansur who drove a fast clean race, he has a great future and we wish him well as we understand he is moving to the next level.

Lastly, we all enjoyed meeting the FSCCA guys from East of the Rockies that we previously only knew from this forum. They are a great group of people! We hope to be back next year with a couple more cars and then in 2008 for the first FSCCA run group at the runoffs. Please don't disapoint us SCCA CRB.

Best to all.....Chuck
    Last edited by chuckj; 11.13.06 at 8:30 PM.

Roadrace, yes the times are correct.

Hey guys, while I'm still here at Road Atlanta to cover the pro Shoutout race, I want to say it was great meeting all the FSCCA gang. Great group of guys and the racing action superb this weekend. Hopefully we'll continue to see the class grow, with more and more drivers doing battle for the top honours. By the way, for those who weren't here, Brandon and Terrick are the real deal. I fully expect to be covering them over the next few years as they work their way up the motorsports ladder.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    (226) 808-9472 Cell

Liked: 11

Congratulations Brandon! You were quick from the first practice session Thursday, drove a great race and beat a bunch of quick guys. It was nice to meet you and your dad- you're both class acts.

Brandon and Terrick were just flying Saturday- I hung on for a little bit but gradually lost them.

And a great job too by Matt Inge on Sunday! We had a great race- the best I've had in over a year- it felt like about 20 passing attempts in 20 laps. His last one stuck when I went too deep and looped it in the marbles in turn 10a. The top 4 on Sunday ran in the 1:29s, with my 1:29.5 being the fastest- just a tick faster than Matt's 1:29.5.

Now who wants to get Brandon some funding to go run Pro Mazda or Pro Atlantics? He's got everything else he needs.

Justin

WOW 21 FSCCA cars!!! That is awesome. I wish I could have got the time off to go. It must have been a blast with that many FSCCA cars.

Congratulations Brandon and great paint scheme!

Hi gang,

Just wanted to let you know that interviews with the National Championship race winner and polesitter are now available at the bottom of the reports.

Race Report
    http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=1730

Qualifying Report
    http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=1726

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    (226) 808-9472 Cell

Liked: 25

Eric
    Ya shoulda been there. You too Tony. It was a blast. And thanks Al & Rob for the coverage and the series. Congrats to the Champs, National and Pro, and to all of you guys who were there. Y'all done good.
    Dave

Default Fscca National Championship Race

He guys we just got back to cali this morning what a long trip but what a blast. It was a pleasure meeting everybody . thanks for the help from the people that helped get this car running Namely Chuck Johnson ... that was a frustrating time figuring that out.. but we did.. Terrick Mansure and his dad are a class act. after the race both Terrick and Brandon said that was the most fun race they had all year... they raced each other as hard as they could.. it is a pleasure racing with somebody that races as hard as they did and never touched each other ...My hats off to Terrick.. hopefully they will race again sometime down the road. Time to get some sleep Im wiped out got to go to work tommorrow. thanks to sponors that got us there WESTEC Electronics.com ck them out.MLC Motorsports Pratt Constuction Trinity Racing concepts ..Roger Nutall Attorney Dans Upholstery A sign As soon AS possible .....Car graphics if i missed anybody I apologize thanks for the fun at the ARRAC and father son bonding time>>>>.... Dan and yes we are looking for funding for Pro Mazda or a car to drive if somebody would give Brandon a chance Thanks

Thread Information