Thread: X Pro FF2000 FA

Liked: 24

Default X Pro FF2000 FA

The 2006 GCR states that the Pro FF2000 (unrestricted/160hp) Zetec powered cars, registered to run in FA, are to run under the current FF2000 Championship rules. For 2007 the FF2000 Series will be operating an all new F3 Dallara chassis, coupled to a 180hp, 2000cc Zetec motor. The change to the FF2000 Championship Series rules will religate the 2003-2006 cars illegal for 2007. Are there any thoughts as to where these cars will fall if they are not converted to FC specifications?

Liked: 309

I discussed this issue a couple of days ago with Sandy Shamlian and Dave Gomberg, and we'll be adjusting the spec line to permit any pro F2k-Z spec in FA. Since any anticipated power level will be well under the FA power-to-weight ratio, it won't be a problem. Stan

PS - IIRC, Sandy told me the 180 hp is just a map change, but the motor is unchanged.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thanks Stan, you seem to be on top of everything. Your post are timely and informative.

Would it be possible to open the aero to the current FC Spec?

Jason

Glad to help, Jason.

I'm not sure I understand this...can you clarify?

Would it be possible to open the aero to the current FC Spec?
    Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

The current rules read that the car is to be prepped to the current FF2000 championship rules. This includes spec wings, diffuser, tires, wheels and gears. To eliminate the requriement of these specified items would allow the current chassis to close the gap on a true FA, making it less of a moving chicane. Also the option of using 8" & 10" or 6" & 8" wheels could prove to be a performance enhancement depending on the track. If the boards plan for this chassis is to open the rules as writen for FA, then everything is covered except for the wheel option.

Jason

Okay, that's what I thought you meant...but I wanted you to say it and not me presume it.

The idea when the FC-Z cars were homologated in FA was to give them a National club class to enter in their pro configuration, without having to change a thing. And there are still 2 or 3 pro series that use that car spec, right? With that in mind, I doubt the Club wants to muck around with opening up the pro spec. If, OTOH, you want to build a killer Zetec car, I know of a couple of guys who are running these cars with FC-type aero and nearly 200 hp in FS.

That answer your question, Jason? If not feel free to contact me off line.

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

The East and West coast series have moved to FC specifications with a restrictor for the Zetec, bringing it in line with the proposed inclusion of the Zetec into the class. The car would be great for FS, but I am looking for a national class.

What is a number that I can reach you at?

Jason

Jason,

My email addy is scc1909@yahoo.com. If you send me a phone number and a time to call I will do so on my dime...

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thread Information