Thread: Cf1000

Liked: 553

Default Cf1000

In anticipation of manufacturers' new F1000 offerings, I'd like to get the ball rolling for Club F1000, a place for older converted cars. We need to create a place for all of cars sitting in garages collecting dust because they're not competitive any more.

I'm just joking ...

... I think.

Russ

on edit: Hey! How come I can't use a capital "F" in this topic's subject ("CF1000")? It ruins the whole thing. That's it. I'm boycotting this thread.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 126

Default Cf1000?

Did that work?

Wow - that's odd! Can't do CF1000 with capital F in the Topic.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I think only the first letter of the first word can be capitalized.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Default C F 1000

Works for me? Or am I just a little too spaced out? Aarh! Aaarh! Aaaarhhh!

Geez, I hate it when I do that...

Dave
    Springstein, Madonna
    way before Nirvana
    there was U2 and Blondie
    and music still on MTV...

Bowling for Soup, 1985

Russ,

Will you be writing the rules of CF1000? Do we allow 90 and older or 95 and older? Or you could do CF1000 for 95 and older and CCF for 90 and older
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Quote Originally Posted by oh2winindy
    Will you be writing the rules of CF1000? Do we allow 90 and older or 95 and older? Or you could do CF1000 for 95 and older and CCF for 90 and older
    Yes, the rules will be left entirely up to me if that's okay with everyone. I'll have to wait and see how my car turns out before I can share the rules with others. It will be some combination of manufacture and homologation dates, and maybe exterior color.

Hey! You tricked me. I was boycotting this thread because I couldn't get the "F"ing title correct.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default cut up and shut up

it would seem to me if you are going to cut up an FC car to make a F1000, then it should sorta be considered a new car and starting fresh in the class

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by doug rocco
    it would seem to me if you are going to cut up an FC car to make a F1000, then it should sorta be considered a new car and starting fresh in the class
    They are "just joking" as you can read in the first post above.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 4

Default The price of poker just went up.

The earlier posts may have been intended as a joke. Laugh while you can. With some major players now building and selling F1000's, the "sub $20,000 home builts " may already be destined for "mid-pack". F1000 is a fantastic idea. I hope it does well despite the influx of factory manfuctured cars.

Jim Esgrow

Jim, I think this is good ole supply and demand at work. If the manufacturers determine that there are enough people out there willing to spend $?0,000 then they will build the car (as Stohr is doing). The people that really want to win in the class will probably have to pony up for a manufacturer's car, or build/convert their own and plan to spend a lot of effort ($$$) to be competitive. Many of us will be spending $15,000 - $20,000 to run in F1000. We'll just have to be satisfied with doing as well as we can, realizing that an equal driver will probably beat us if he/she is in a car that costs twice as much. Not much we can do about it. Anyone wanting to win national races with a $15,000 - $20,000 car should look at a lower class (and even that may not be possible).

It's too early to talk about CF1000. It was just tongue in cheek. Maybe some day, though ...
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information