Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Sic

Liked: 605

Default read my SIC post at FF/events please

eye did turn personal bests in both classes this past weekend, so overall it was a great weekend but perhaps eye said something well enough at the FF/general discussion/SIC thread above that eye might print it off and give it to everyone sitting on the SIC grids next year. It's late and eye don't have time to type the same thread comments here.
    Last edited by EYERACE; 09.28.06 at 12:19 AM.

Liked: 1

Eye you are correct about aggressive driving at the SIC. But there were championships at stake...I think that IS the reason for the no holds bared kind of moves (or lack of) that went on?
    The Big One in T3 was the result of a young driver in a FSC car that had a great start, bobbled on cold tires and lifted due to lack of experence...nothing more? I had the same result during Q1 right in front of the whole pack while pushing the car Very Hard on a flying lap. I should have known better but this IS the championship race and even though I had little chance, I wanted the pole heck I paid my $200 !!
    Big rewards cause drivers to take big chances?? Sometimes resulting in BIG repair bills!

I was mad but hey I did the same thing 24 hrs eairlier....So maybe we are all a little wiser 7 days later...I guess thats what Reg. racing is for...to learn, become better so if we ever make it to Nats we don't make stupid mistakes taking out other cars with us?

Signed, Not quite ready for prime time, Mark
    PS see ya at the '07 SIC!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H
    The Big One in T3 was the result of a young driver in a FSC car that had a great start, bobbled on cold tires and lifted due to lack of experence...nothing more?

Signed, Not quite ready for prime time, Mark
    PS see ya at the '07 SIC!
    From my 11th place, 6th row starting position I noticed that not many, if any, of the drivers ahead were doing the serpentine snake dance to warm up their tires. In fact it appeared that most everyone was staying in side-by-side, 2 by 2 formation all around the pace lap. Since I'm always on hand-me-down take-offs I try to scrub intensely to get mine up to temp, as were the cars behind me. Been many years since I've had new tires, do the current tires not need warming when new?
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Default 2006 Sic

scott, thanks for your kind word's we are all family, especially our open whell group, i'll always do what ever i can to help ! just hated to see all the torn up car's, really glad things worked out for you, congrats' to you and all the sarrc champions, and to all who made it to the sic, john z

Liked: 3787

One can get proper heat into good tires without weaving. Accelerating and braking is very effective. Less chance of snap-spinning on cold tires during the warmup lap.

My theory is that certain individuals saw Rob spinning, and they reacted by lifting dramatically, thus spinning themselves. oops. The error was in not locking down the brakes after the spin started.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information