Liked: 0

Default New 2007 FF2000 Chassis

Dallara's new 2007 Cooper Series car. Using their F3 Chassis with a 2.0L Zetec.

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...f5d939b8f4fbb1
    Jason Mabee
    MiDiv Car FE #01

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!" - Elwood Blues

Liked: 1

Default New Cooper Series Dallara

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...f5d939b8f4fbb1

I took these today at Elkhart.-Dave
    Last edited by Dave Hopple; 10.13.07 at 11:00 AM.

Liked: 22

Looks slow, I should test it. Just to make sure it's not to fast!
    Corey Collins

Liked: 447

VERY pretty!! Can't wait for those to trickle down to FC!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default 180 HP Zetec!

I can tell you a Zetec with 180 HP is fun! At that HP level the enging should still last a good long time. I found out you do need a limited slip diff. to keep all that power from going up in wheel spin.

Sweet ride! I need one!
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Dream on!

Maybe Formula "S" but SCCA would never let these cars into FC.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by D.T. Benner
    Maybe Formula "S" but SCCA would never let these cars into FC.

Time to bring back Formula B to Scca?

Dave can probably answer this but my guess is that there is no engine installed in that car right now.

Hey Scott,

The car on display is roller. The Group Four gang is hoping to have the new modified engine package installed by the middle of October and begin testing shortly there after.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Great looking car. But be sure to stock a lot of spare barge boards. Those will be the first thing knocked off these cars. I give them less than a lap!

Can we get the next 26 subsidized for $40,000? Maybe then I can afford one!
    Firman F1000

Douglas Brenner

Does anyone know if this is a monoshock car?

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Brenner
    Does anyone know if this is a monoshock car?
    The article said the teams could choose between running mono or dual shocks on the front

I agree about the barge boards. Totally unnecessary expense for a spec series.
    Last edited by Scott Gesford; 09.24.06 at 6:24 PM.

Douglas Brenner

I wonder if that means that the teams will decide if all the cars will come with a mono or twin arrangement or that there will be both kind of setups running togeather. If it is the latter, that seems not in the spirit of the spec sealed two gearset series. Bet the $ teams will have both cars if it is the latter. Without being able to do much adjustment on the shocks (especially if they come with Konis) the two types will probably have advantages on different racetracks. Interesting!

Scott, the car was a roller. According to the info folder Jon was handing out, the Zetec will need a new cam cover and sump pan to fit into the Dallara (I would guess as a semi stressed install).

We popped the front cover off and it was a twin shock (with no shocks on it yet). It also has a Hewland FTR 6 speed (same as the pro Mazda). I was impressed with the fit and finish of the Dallara but it's ALL carbon and I agree that it could be very expensive to repair in a off track excursion. -Dave

Liked: 19

Hop - Guy like you couldn't get past the velvet rope to snap some un-obscured pics?

Beutiful single seater for sure. Would be nice to see the HP increased to what would be a an F3 equivilent though 205-210. Have the carriage - might as well have the horses to pull it. And Parity is always nice......

Barge board?? who cares....Look at the curves in that diffuser! That will cost more dough than my current car - wife and three kids combined.....

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Never mind the diffuser what the heck's that smokestack looking thing sticking outta the top of the sidepods? One wrong slip....owwwwwwwwww......
    Firman F1000

I like the barge boards, diffuser and other ditties. As far as expense for casual off-course excursions, sounds like these cars are going to be running on street circuits where there is no such thing as a casual off-course excursion.

Perfect car for a great series.....we're in!

So with the extra cost and mono tub we will have a 3rd FA type series. Champ car FA, Pro FM and now a F3 type series? Can the driver pool (guys w/$$) take this?? Are there enough teams with 200k of backing to support a class like this?? The Cooper series has changed gears moving away from their entry level stick frame car philosophy for sure.
    Is this a result of VD going with the FF2000 sereies or did VD go with the FF2000 camp BECAUSE of this??

Anyhow, yeah what is the reason for the stacks coming out of the rad pods? It dose look like Dallara has done their F1 homework! Cool car!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H

Anyhow, yeah what is the reason for the stacks coming out of the rad pods? I
    They are to keep the air coming out of the radiators from interfering with the air going over the car and most importantly over the rear wing. The rad outlet size is always a compromise with respect to the disruption of air going to the rear wing. There are many designs that try to make the best compromise, whether venting it out the side of the side pod (afffecting the air underneath car possibly), venting out the top of the side pod (affecting the rear wing) or a the corner of the sidpod (affecting both, but less so for either probably).
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I'd say those stacks are heat suckers. Seems like more drag though.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

With the exception of the smokestacks, it looks a lot like the Dallara F3 cars of the last few years!

http://www.dallara.it/press_releases.cfm/flag/2/id/240
    http://www.dallara.it/sub_page.cfm/editID/176

All those vanes on the diffuser look expensive.. great for getting the 'zen garden' look in the gravel traps though I expect.

James
    Stuff, t-shirts and stuff... http://www.cafepress.com/ffwear

Liked: 19

Default Living in a vacuum

The correct term is Chimney - come on! they have been in F1 for 6 years!

The Chimney creates a low pressure area and "sucks" the air out of the pod....
    Most F3 cars this year have run some variation of a chimney. I think the 06 car had a shark gill system in about the same region. The chimney's offered this year were a bolt on option. This must be either a straight intergrated chimney pod - or an old car that was hanging around. Who knows......... Better than putting it in a dump someplace.

Wonder if Jon would let a Lola car run...........

Opp - I looked closer at the pic.... These are bolt on chimney's as well.......
    Last edited by Matt M.; 09.27.06 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Looked at the pictures......ddduuuuuuhhhhhh

We absolutely need this series and package now!

Why? PRICE POINT, PRICE POINT, PRICE POINT

200 large...yes, but how many FA or FproM races can you do with that?

As many races as FproM with 1/2 the cost; and exposure at recognizable venues/series.

Everyone in the Cooper paddock know that the majority of our expenses are being funded by real sponsors, otherwise we would be doing 2-3 double regionals.

How can we do that? CHAMP CAR, CHAMP CAR, CHAMP CAR

With over 40 sponsor presentations, I have yet to find any marketing people the even have heard of IMSA or ALMS.

Do we need the new car?

I bought a RF05 last year, but it is my son who is driving it, and I prefer to see him in a CF tub rather than a tube frame car (re; Portland). In reality, it is my opinion that in this day in age, that tube frame cars are still being constructed for cars that are capable of 140-150 mph is simply ludicrous. What cost of safety?

I have heard in the paddock that many are concerned about the resale value of the new car if the series goes away.

COOPER TEAMS....you control that possiblity. Commit to it and the FMI crew will make it happen, don't., and it is a self fulfilling prophesy. (I spell like JB)

It not this series will we do F2000 east or west? Probably, but not at the same price as we have done for the COOPER SERIES, less value to us, less income to you, the teams. I can not sell sponsorship for those two series.

In short, there is a huge gap between running SCCA club events and FproM. The FMI have done a super job of filling that gap, and are poised now to bring it into the 21st century. I hope they and all of the other COOPER Teams recognize that and support it fully.

I'll take mine in white.

Thread Information