Liked: 0

Default Available plans?

Is anyone planning to start on a chassis over the winter months?

Liked: 1413

Default Plans

Nothing is done yet. It is my plan to offer the new Citation in the amature built aircraft business model. That program starts with a set of plans and goes through a finished car. I will only be offering the car as a kit that will require extensive work to finish. I will also have other people who will be able to take the car to a track ready product.

But beyond a certain point in the construction process, any compitent prep shop or person will good mechanical skills can finish the job. We will do all the work that requires CNC equipment, jigs, molds or extensive fixturing to build. That package should be under $20,000 for an FC type car. A F1000 should be about the same.

Untill I build the rear end drive/suspension assembly, I will not be able to quote a price.

Steve

Liked: 1

Default Plans

Our plan is to have a car ready for testing this winter and to deliver the first production car in early Spring of 2007. We have pretty much settled on the basic structure of the Phoenix F1K-07 car and are now finalizing the chassis details and beginning work on the details of the body.

We've selected many of the parts for the prototype and these are also slated to be standard on the turn-key production car:

1. Shocks....Penske Single Adjustable
    2. Wheels....Kodiak
    3. Tires....Goodyear (sizes TBD)
    4. Dash....AIM Mychron 3
    5. Wings....Pennon Composites (Glass)
    6. Engine....George Dean-prepared Suzuki GSX-R1000
    7. Differential....TRE/TPE Quiafe TSD
    We should have some computer images of the car fairly soon as we'll be starting some CFD analysis. Hopefully I'll be able to post them here....otherwise they'll be on the website soon.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Thread Information