Thread: CAN FF

Liked: 0

I hope everyone will welcome the Pro CAN FF series at LRP just as they welcomed our NHL teams by booing our National Anthem and the team introductions.
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

I would hope that we would be more gracious than that. These people are bringing another race to us and we can run for money. Why would we be against them? M. Saucve has been trying to set up the same sort of series. They seem to have been successful over the last little while and they do put on a good show. We went and saw them at Mosport a few years ago and the show was great. Do not put them down just because some of their country men don't like US.

I am sure we could have them stay home and organize a race with National SCCA or Regional SCCA drivers. They would also appreciate the exposure at such a public event.

I have recently returned from Europe. I am tired of the bashing. Let's market our own drivers rather than those from a country against what we need to do.
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

Liked: 113

I for one am going to run the race at Lime Rock, in fact I am planning on running most of the series. I do not know of another series where you can race in front of the F1 crowd, (Montreal) CART (Toronto) and the ALMS (Three Rivers, Mosport)with the same car. They have a very stable rules package and use the Hankook Street Radial as their spec tire. From all accounts, tires become a non-issue, with most teams, including the championship team, using only two sets a season. I welcome them to Lime Rock and hope we can get a good turnout for the event. The tires are a great equalizer.Older FF's are as quick or in some cases faster than the latest offerings. You also get to do a standing start like our hero's in F1. I for one would rather race at an event that has a specific race just for me, at fantastic venues, in front of spectators, for money,and when I'm not driving on the track myself, get to watch the best people in the world practice their craft. You have to admit it beats going to the fence at Nelson Ledges to watch IT cars run around (no offense, just trying to make a point).
    I have come over from S2 for just this reason, though the SCCA appears to have created a series to run in for sports racers, the events and locations are not as appealing as the Canadian Pro series and you are grouped in with DSR, the new spec SCCA car and the S2 Cosworths.
    I would encourage any who can attend to come to Lime Rock to race if possible,if not stop by and say hi.
    I will be racing with Adams Racing and would love to meet some of the folks from this site.

Chris Robson
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Liked: 229

Are you kidding me? I am sure that the fans at the game that night were all Canadian Formula Ford drivers! Give me a Break! If I judged all Americans by your ridiculous post I would be just like you, something I would not want. Brian Graham (real name!).

Brian-I am sure that the American not wanting to support the Canadian Ford Pro series is not representative of the rest of us.The series is great,the racing is great,the venues are second to none and the standing starts are well, they are standing starts what else needs to be said?In my opinion the Canadian FF pro series is the best of it's kind in North America,in fact it is the only series that offers so much for so little.I wish I could run every race. It gave me some of the best experiences in racing I ever have had.Every country has uninformed bigotry to some point.Don't get too excited ay!

Liked: 6

Brian,

There is an old Latin saying that goes something like “illigitimii non carborundum”. I think it means “Don’t let the bastards wear you down”.

Some of our American brothers are feeling a little unloved and unappreciated these days and it doesn’t help much when a bunch of our fellow Canadians exhibit incredibly rude behavior at a hockey game. Mr. Sauce offers good advice “Don't get too excited ay! (eh!)".

To Mr. Mysterious – All I can say is that our two countries have been good friends and allies for 2 hundred years. Sometimes friends don’t always agree on everything. Your President has decided to go to war. Our Prime minister has decided not to. That having been said, I would like to inform you that despite our Prime minister’s decision there are millions of Canadians who are in complete support of Mr. Bush. I, for one, think the mess in Iraq should have been cleaned up years ago. Just my Canadian 2 cents worth.

Anyway, Brian, if you are going to Lime Rock and want some volunteer crew members I’d love to go and help out. Remember I still have the team uniform and I might even be persuaded to buy the team dinner! Maybe we could even get Bolle to come along.

Just let me know.
    Bob McColl

Thread Information