Liked: 123

Default Derek needs help posting!!!

Admin, Derek needs help posting, he can read the list, he's logged in, but his image doesn't show "post new thread" or Post reply", for some reason. He'll read the reply to this message.

Brian

Liked: 141

Default Needing Help

I never did find a way to post or reply on my main computer but here I am on my travelling laptop and everything is 'normal'. So my question is - is there some computer setting that prevents me from posting/replying/quoting [and receving attachment links] that somehow get triggered on my main computer. I can't be the only one that's suffered!

By the way it only happened on Apex. Other forums and websites I use don't suffer - including one forum that appears to use the same software. I guess everyone will be at the Sprints so maybe I'll hear something next week.

Thx - Derek

Liked: 1417

You may need to clear your browser cache. This is where it stores versions of web pages you frequently look at, to save download time. To clear your browser's cache, simply follow the instructions below. After completing the instructions, it is best to shut down your browser and then re-start it.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5
    From the 'Tools' menu, select 'Internet Options'
    From the 'Temporary Internet files' section, click on the 'Delete Files' button
    In the dialog box that pops up, click on the 'OK' button
    You may also wish to click on the 'Clear History' button in the 'History' section
    Finally, click on the 'OK' button at the bottom of the dialog box

Also, you might want to clear out your browser cookies (found in the same area of your browser tools), as this may be effecting your login as well.

Nothing has changed on the forums or with the software, which means 10 times out of 10 that the problem is browser/user-oriented. Clear out all of the temporary files on the browser that you are having the trouble with and it will almost always fix the problems you are having logging in.

doug

Liked: 141

Doug - thx for your reply - tried all you suggested [even before you suggested it] but nothing seems to work on my 'home' laptop. Here I am back on my 'travelling' laptop and everything is fine again. Strange. The good news for the rest of you is that you will hear less from me!
    Derek

Thread Information