Contributing Member triumph_tech's Avatar
    Liked: 8

I guess I need claification about the metal container for the fuel cells SCCA requires for Formula cars. I am getting different stories on the requirement, one person tells me the metal panels of the car surrounding the bladder are all that is needed, some one else says the entire cell must be enclosed in a metal can. Who is correct? Since there is quite a difference in price it would be nice to find out who is correct before I order one.
    Gary Valone #44
    Zink Z10-C

Liked: 0

I had no problem with Tech Insp. accepting the firewall and lower chassis metal panels (Crossle 45) as the enclosure. Just be sure they are equal to or thicker than the required dimension to prevent 'intrusion'. I also had to fabricate panels to cover the bladder within the chassis. They were easily removable for maintenance.

The inside panels, under the seat, were required. They didn't seem to care that that if something were to puncture those panels it would have to go thru me to get to the panels and so I would probably be dead. At least the fuel bladder would be protected!!

Thread Information