Liked: 1417

Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, the forums now look a bit different than they did the last time you dropped by. We made a small upgrade to the software that drives these forums, and this allows us a lot more control from behind the scenes, as well as a lot of different benefits and controls for the user.

Here are some of the new updates to the forums:

</font>[list][*]A searchable Community Directory, by car, year, region and other fields.</font>[*]Today's Active Topics feature to see what is new for today only, and linking directly to the newest post in that thread.</font>[*]Users are now allowed set their own custom titles.</font>[*]Editing your post within 10 minutes of posting it allows you to do so without an "Edited by" notation.</font>[*]Forum summmary last post now links to the actual post.</font>[*]"Re: " is now added before replies to topics in forum summary.</font>[*]User Polls for online surveys and voting</font>[*]New, more specific search features.</font>[*]And many more interesting features to make the forums more enjoyable...</font>[/list]

If you have any problems getting things to work, take a look at the FAQ link above for many answers to new questions you may have.

I'm sure you will appreciate the new and improved look and functionality of the forums. We're working on more, specifically to the function of the user member search. With this new feature enabled, we highly suggest making sure that all of the fields are filled out in your registered user profile. This will enable member searches to function more accurately.

Cheers,

-doug

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Curious, but the old posts were not visible on most topics until I logged in.
    Keep up the fine work.
    [img]smile.gif[/img] Bruce

Liked: 1417

Your personal Profile settings control how far back your default views show. The site default is probably a lot different from your personal settings, which is why things look different when you log in.

doug

Liked: 1

Doug,

I did a little update to my profile, .. now my personal avitar doesn't show up, ..

can you fix?????

What's up with the RFD web site????

Curtis

DENIS

Yea, I wanted my own too! I miss the old hill climb photo...

Thread Information