Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Racing books for sale

RACING BOOKS FOR SALE – good stuff.......cheap! Many are RARE.
    I'm not trying to make a million bucks...just want a new home for these terrific books.....

Please DO NOT reply to this post. EMAIL me directly at johnm63@gmail.com

All prices plus shipping. PayPal or check - check preferred

The World of Racing Cars – Eric Dymoch, 1972 – hardcover – cover from 1895 to 1972 – F1, Indy, sportscars - $5

The Birth of Hot Rodding - The Story of the Dry Lakes Era - Don Cox, 2003, hardcover – best book on this subject - $15

Against Gravity – Ed McCabe – Paris to Dakar, 1987, hardcover - an amateur enters the toughest rally in the world and tells his amazing story - $10

STILL AVAILABLE

Colin Chapman – Inside the Innovator – Ludvigsen – 2010 – like new, 390 p - superb bio by one of the great automotive writers - $40

American Grand Prix Racing - Tim Considine 1997, forward by Phil Hill – like new – 190 p -$30

Go Like Hell – AJ Baime - The Ford / Ferrari battle for victory at LeMans – the great battle for glory at LeMans – lots of inside info by someone who was there - $20

ALSO - I HAVE 50 - 60 or more.....EXCELLENT, CLEAN COPIES OF MOTORSPORT, AUTOSPORT, R&T, Car & Driver, Vintage Motorsport and other more rare magazines. Email me for more info. Some are 10, 20, 30 years old.

The Racing Driver – Jenkinson – THE great classic! 1969 printing, Hardcover w/ dustjacket. No marks. - $20

Inner Speed Secrets – Ross Bentley – many great tricks of fast driving – soft cover, no marks, like new - $10

The Death of Senna – Richard Williams – covers a big swath of the Senna story. Impeccably researched and superbly written. Soft cover – like new, no marks - $15

OCTANE August 2020 – features the GT40 – new condition, no marks - $15
    OCTANE July 2017 – features 70 years of FERRARI’s history. Superb! – like new, no marks – $15
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 28 – very high quality publications - features Roger Penske history – very detailed, 140 p – like new, no marks - $20
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 10 – Ferrari’s mid-engined sports prototypes ’62 to ’65 -150 p, like new, no marks - $20
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 33 – Features SHADOW F1 and sports racing cars in great detail140 p, like new, no marks - $20.
    CAR Magazine – December 2023 – 60 Years of the Porsche 911 – 128 p, like new no marks - $15
    Last edited by John Merriman; 04.23.24 at 4:52 PM.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

An amazing library

Quote Originally Posted by John Merriman View Post
    RACING BOOKS FOR SALE – good stuff.......cheap! Many are RARE.
    I'm not trying to make a million bucks...just want a new home for these terrific books.....

Please DO NOT reply to this post. EMAIL me directly at johnm63@gmail.com

All prices plus shipping. PayPal or check - check preferred

SOLD / ENZO FERRARI – A life – Richard Williams – 2001, over 300 p, soft cover - $12

The World of Racing Cars – Eric Dymoch, 1972 – hardcover – cover from 1895 to 1972 – F1, Indy, sportscars - $5

The Birth of Hot Rodding - The Story of the Dry Lakes Era - Don Cox, 2003, hardcover – best book on this subject - $15

SOLD / THE LIMIT – Michael Cannell – Soft Cover – like new - covers the '61 season, Phil Hill's Champ. Year – very detailed - $10

Against Gravity – Ed McCabe – Paris to Dakar, 1987, hardcover - an amateur enters the toughest rally in the world and tells his amazing story - $10

SOLD / Max Mosley Formula One and Beyond - incredible story of Max’s major impact on F1 – Full of inside stories - $15

The Grand Prix Car 1954 – 1966 – LJK Setright - covers a golden era in stunning detail - $50

SOLD / Colin Chapman – Inside the Innovator – Ludvigsen – 2010 – like new, 390 p - superb bio by one of the great automotive writers - $40

A French Kiss With Death – Steve McQueen and the making of McQueen’s great film “LeMans” – Keyser - truly remarkable - $40

VANWALL – Green for Glory – Ed McDonough – 2003 - as good or better than the Jenkinson version - $30

SOLD / Carroll Shelby – Rinsey Mills - the complete story told in great detail – soft cover – 2012, 500 p - $15

American Grand Prix Racing - Tim Considine 1997, forward by Phil Hill – like new – 190 p -$30

Go Like Hell – AJ Baime - The Ford / Ferrari battle for victory at LeMans – the great battle for glory at LeMans – lots of inside info by someone who was there - $20
    SOLD / Gilles Villeneuve – Gerald Donalson – 1989 - 340 p. The BEST bio of one of the greatest GP drivers of all time. - $15 hard cover, but spine is broken.
    MOON Equipped – Sixty Year of Hot Rod History – David Fetherston – soft cover -1995 – 130 p. -$10
    Inspired to Design – the autobiography of Nigel Bennett – F1 and Indy car designer for Penske, etc. – One of the very best books on race car designing – 175 p. like new - $20.
    First Among Champions – The Alfa Romeo Grand Prix Cars – David Venables – THE story of these magnificent racing cars – 2000, 275 p. – a masterpiece! $40 - and that's cheap! If you love Alfas, you will adore this book.

ALSO - I HAVE 50 - 60 or more.....EXCELLENT, CLEAN COPIES OF MOTORSPORT, AUTOSPORT, R&T, Car & Driver, Vintage Motorsport and other more rare magazines. Email me for more info. Some are 10, 20, 30 years old.

ADDED BOOKS AND MAGAZINES 04.20.24

The Racing Driver – Jenkinson – THE great classic! 1969 printing, Hardcover w/ dustjacket. No marks. - $20
    STIRLING MOSS – My Car, My Career, Moss and Doug Nye – 300 pages, excellent condition w/ dustjacket - $35
    Inner Speed Secrets – Ross Bentley – many great tricks of fast driving – soft cover, no marks, like new - $10
    SOLD - Ayrton SENNA – The Whole Story – Chris Hilton – soft cover 450 p – like new, no marks - $10
    The Death of Senna – Richard Williams – covers a big swath of the Senna story. Impeccably researched and superbly written. Soft cover – like new, no marks - $15
    The Last Road Race – Richard Williams – The story of the 1957 Pescara GP – fabulous story, a great cast of characters, Moss wins in a Vanwall – Williams is a master story teller ! Hardcover w/ dustjacket, like new, 140 p, $20
    SOLD - Where the Writer Meets the Road – Sam Posey – a collection of his articles and profiles. Sam is another great, knowledgeable story teller, his driving career was very impressive – 190 p. hard cover with dustjacket, like new, no marks - $20
    OCTANE August 2020 – features the GT40 – new condition, no marks - $15
    OCTANE July 2017 – features 70 years of FERRARI’s history. Superb! – like new, no marks – $15
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 28 – very high quality publications - features Roger Penske history – very detailed, 140 p – like new, no marks - $20
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 10 – Ferrari’s mid-engined sports prototypes ’62 to ’65 -150 p, like new, no marks - $20
    AUTOMOBILSPORT No 33 – Features SHADOW F1 and sports racing cars in great detail140 p, like new, no marks - $20.
    CAR Magazine – December 2023 – 60 Years of the Porsche 911 – 128 p, like new no marks - $15
    V/r

Iverson

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    An amazing library
    Rick

Good to hear from you !!

Just to be clear, the books listed for sale are generally second level books in my library - but some are quite high!. My CORE library is quite substantial and they are all the books that I plan to retain until the day of my last breath. For the fun of it I might pull out the list of magnificent books I have and share it with you. As I am sure you have experienced, there is nothing like a stack of superb books - beautifully written, beautifully printed and about the great people in our sport and the supreme racing machines that they have designed, constructed and/or driven - all for our pleasure !!!

Cheers
    John M..
    Last edited by John Merriman; 04.21.24 at 9:18 AM.

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 90

John, I'll take this one:
    Inner Speed Secrets – Ross Bentley

I can paypal. I'm in San Jose Ca. Just PM me and we can go from there

Thread Information