Liked: 3290

Default Summit Racing - outstanding customer support !

In February 2023, I bought a set of 8 Accel 150819 fuel injectors from Summit Racing to be spares for the 4 QS had installed when they rebuilt my Zetec over the 2022-23 winter.

Last week I sent those four which I used all last season to Mumm Brothers to be cleaned and flowed. I also sent the 8 that I bought for spares to be flowed and compared to the other 4.

It turned out that the 8 “spares” were some old junk that apparently had been returned to Summit for credit, not inspected, returned to stock, and were not even made by Accel. I had assumed (BAD MOVE) that they were the correct parts because they were in the correct Accel box, etc.

When Barry Mumm saw them he knew they were likely no good, and after discussing the options with me, sent them back to me along with the 4 he cleaned and flowed.

So, 14 months after buying them, I contacted Summit Racing to see if they’d take them back in exchange for the correct parts. I had little hope that they would because so much time had passed, but after about 45 minutes of phone conversations with a Summit customer service rep and his supervisor, Summit agreed to exchange them. So, today I drove out to Summit Racing in Tallmadge, OH, and completed the exchange (no $ involved) with no further hassle.

Kudos to Summit Racing and Mumm Brothers !!
    Last edited by DaveW; 04.07.24 at 4:52 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Nice to hear some GOOD NEWS

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

I wholeheartedly agree. Summit, for being a large-ish company, is uncommonly great to work with. And if you’re ever driving by either their OH or GA locations it’s absolutely worth stopping in and gazing at the catalog worth of stuff in real life.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 3290

Default Summit Racing History

Dave Weitzenhof

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 113

Summit is a very secretive company in their workings as they are privately held. I did do some work with them about two decades ago and spent some time talking to key marketing people. They indicated that the company policy was to try to be as accommodating as possible with returns as they felt a good return experience would make them the default first choice source for future orders. I actually invited one of the marketing persons to a vintage race at Mid Ohio in about 2006 or 2007. They commented at that time they were not doing enough to reach the road race market - being historically focused on drag racing and street performance. They have broadened their reach considerably since then.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 227

Just bought some FK rod ends from Summit. As with the last time I bought the same part elsewhere a few years ago, approx 25% of them had excessive play in the ball. Contacted Summit - The female CSR was very helpful and 100% easy to understand on the phone. They sent replacements immediately for free and told me to just trash the bad ones. Great customer service.

Thread Information