Liked: 391

Default LD200 13/36 CWP and Bearing Carrier

LD-200 13/36 CWP. This came out of a used box I purchased. It looked like new so I was planning on using it in a box I'm building for the runoffs. I had it REM treated. While setting up the pinion depth, I could not get a satisfactory pattern. I got tired of playing with it and ordered a new one. There are no marking on it typical of Hewland that indicate the setup dimensions. Either they got polished off or there is a possibility this could be a Webster CWP.

Teeth look brand new. No pitting or scratches. If I had more time or not going directly to the runoffs with it I would definitely try setting it up and running it.

$800 + Shipping

I also have a LD200 bearing carrier that I machined the rear surface that mates to the rear cover to clean it up. Removed maybe .008" or less material. While machining it I nicked the surface in one area, but it's inside the o-ring sealing surface so it should not be a problem. Casting only, no shift forks, bearings, ect. I'll get pictures of this over the weekend.

$1200 + Shipping.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Speed Sport Engineering; 12.08.23 at 4:28 PM. Reason: Price change

Photos of bearing carrier -

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 59

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Sport Engineering View Post
    LD-200 13/36 CWP. This came out of a used box I purchased. It looked like new so I was planning on using it in a box I'm building for the runoffs. I had it REM treated. While setting up the pinion depth, I could not get a satisfactory pattern. I got tired of playing with it and ordered a new one. There are no marking on it typical of Hewland that indicate the setup dimensions. Either they got polished off or there is a possibility this could be a Webster CWP.

Teeth look brand new. No pitting or scratches. If I had more time or not going directly to the runoffs with it I would definitely try setting it up and running it.
    Judging from the color of the CWP, I would say it is definitely a Webster product. I put one of those in my car, against the advice of several more knowledgeable people, and it lasted 800 miles before losing a tooth, punching out the gearbox side plate, and cracking the differential carrier. Total disaster. Therefore, I would warn that if you run this, it might not last as long as you think. The genuine Hewland CWP I put back into the gearbox has lasted 4,400 miles and looks very good.

The REM process changes the color a little so I'm not sure that's a definitive tell tale of it being a Webster CWP. I can not find a listing for a 13/36 being available in a Webster, only 10/31 and 9/31.

I could be wrong though, so price on the CWP reduced to $900.

Could use some travel money for the Runoffs, so interested in selling quickly. After Runoffs I may just hold on to them.

Could still use money paying off the trip to the runoffs. Price reduced.

Thread Information