Liked: 3

Default 1971 Titan MK6 FF For Sale- REDUCED

SOLD

1971 Titan Mark 6 -Chassis Number 70649

A True, “Race-Ready” Vintage Titan Formula Ford located in Denver, CO.
    Total restoration by Irwin Engineering and rebuilt Motor by Total Precision Engines (with new block).
    Has a current RMVR Logbook.

I purchased the Titan in Portland, Oregon 13 years ago.
    I have all the original records, racing logbooks, invoices etc., and its complete history from 1971 to now.
    Even has as an Oregon State title. (#7532338010)

I have all records of work I've spent on the car ($50k+) since I bought it and no expense has been spared.
    It is known locally for its outstanding looks, livery and all the qualities of a well kept and prepped Racecar.
    I've been fortunate to have made great friends in RMVR who helped me take care of this fantastic car!
    All work performed by Total Precision Engines, Thomas Vintage Motors or Irwin Engineering.

Irwin Engineering did a FULL restoration 11 years ago with meticulous attention to detail in keeping it original. This includes all new body panels (dual-piece nose with interior screened radiator funnel), engine belly pan and original “snorkel” rear air intake. Restoration included a new aluminum radiator, rerouted and separate oil cooler, custom built aluminum over-flow canisters, converted tach (mechanical to electrical but maintains original look/housing), etc. Since the restoration,Titan has NEVER come close to overheating. (see photos for details)

Motor was completely rebuilt by Total Precision Engines in 2016, including a new Ford Racing block. Has priority main oiling, new forged rods, new forged CE pistons, new cams, lifters, valves and springs, etc. A rebuilt distributor, rebuilt carburetor and new clutch. Since rebuild engine has 20 hours on it.
    I have all documentation including dyno sheets.
    Engine was recently refreshed by Total Precision in 2022, with a complete cylinder head rebuild and valves reseated and has 4 hours since then.

Sale will include two sets of Panasport lightweight alloy wheels and original Monoposto rims (never used). Car sale includes race transponder, formula jack, gas cans, and jack stands. Also includes a spare set of rear uprights, original mirrors, and locking car cover (see photos)

I’m 5’ 9”, about 180 lbs., and I fit perfectly into the seat and pedals. The seat is the original shell, re-covered with a great padded upholstery trim and slips beautifully into the car around a NEW 7-gallon fuel cell and a NEW fire system. New Fuel cell has only had 100 AV gas stored in it. (see photos)

Has all new electrical wiring throughout, recent clutch work, shift linkage work and a new clutch and brake cylinders.
    All work done by Total Precision Engines. Total Precision also converted the old oil filter "canister" to a new screw on type.

The Titan also has new German donuts (the Quality Volvo/BMW type), new front brake pads, the exhaust pipes re-welded and re-painted, New red, Schroth 6 point safety belts (good until 2026) new suspension set-up, a new battery and new set of AVON tires with 4 race weekends. Multiple seasons the car ran once or twice or not at all. I last ran it in on the track in September of '22 and it was absolutely perfect.

asking $29k (including all the extras mentioned and a few others I haven't).

I've listed the trailer separately on the Apex Speed site but wanted to mention it here:

Trailer is a 2009 14’ bed, dual axle Aluma trailer (model 7800) with spare tire mount and front rock guard. Trailer is like new condition and has ALWAYS been stored in a garage. Traveled lightly, mostly to local tracks and very well maintained (greased axles, pro maintenance). Comes with a motorized winch (powered by new on-board battery) so one person can load and offload car. Trailer also has an installed e-track system, perfect to strap down the car wheels (straps included). Also has a mounted Toy Lock cable system and includes some great wheel locks, one with a motion detector.

Trailer is also located in Denver Colorado. I'm selling the trailer in conjunction with the sale of the 1971 Titan Mark 6 Formula Ford. The E-tracks are set up to carry the FF car. (see photos and ad)

I will sell the trailer separately from the race car but only after the race car has sold
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...e-Open-Trailer

Trailer ideally would sell with car and asking $4k for trailer.
    Car and trailer and everything you see in the photos (formula jack, jack stands, gas cans, etc.) asking $33K ALL IN.

This a perfect and complete “race starter” kit.
    A very nice lightweight set up as I could tow both car and trailer with my Jeep Wrangler!

All you'll need is a helmet...

Happy to answer any questions.
    Email me at: directorsteveurbano@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FilmFX; 04.21.23 at 4:35 PM.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Sorry to see this For Sale. I know you're having trouble finding time, but I'm going to miss racing you. Hope it stays in Colorado!

To anyone that's interested in buying a FF, this in one beautiful, well prepped racecar. I've raced against this car many times and always admired it. Everything about it. I doubt anyone will find a prettier Titan (or anything). TPE builds very strong LEGAL engines. (~45 hours on mine, and it pulls great) Very nice trailer also. Talk about a turnkey package. Plus, the seller is a really good guy.
    If only I was in the market......... GLWS
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information