Liked: 35

For Sale Lola T640-T644 Series Parts

I have a large selection of Lola Formula Ford parts for the 640, 642 and 644 available. Several years ago, a friend who bought a 640 asked me to restore it. While I worked on that car, someone else bought one and asked me to do the same. By that time, I had realized how good the 640 series is and purchased a car myself. After restoring and racing three different 640s and helping others as they raced their own Lola 640s and 42/44s, I learned a great deal about the cars as well as gathering up a reasonably large collection of parts.

Now, it is time to sell some of these parts so that other owners can make use of them. Some are new and a few are used. I have, in some cases, multiple copies of a specific part, both used and new. I bought "new old stock" from Lola, I found owners wanting to sell parts, I bought crashed cars and salvaged the good parts from them and I either made or had made parts which were found to be difficult to obtain otherwise.

I'll only list some of them in this post, because the entire list is long. I don't have every part for the car, but do have a lot and some of them are hard to locate. If you do not see what you need here, please send me a PM and tell me what you are looking for. I might be able to help. Alternatively, send your email in the PM and I will send the entire list. Not all the parts on the list are priced as yet, but I'll continue to update those not yet shown when priced. Or if you just need a question answered or some friendly advice about your 640, that's always available for free.

1. 642/644 Front upper wishbone - new, Lola production, original black paint w/ bearing spacer tube (will not fit 640) $375
    2. 640 Front upper wishbone - new, Lola production, gloss black powder coat, w/ bearings (will not fit 642/644)
    3. Front suspension pullrod - new, powder coated gloss black, but some shop wear (will not fit 642/644) $90
    4. Steering tie rod - new, powder coated gloss black, some shop wear (will not fit 642/644) $100
    5. Steering shaft with U-joint - new with some shop wear $100
    6. Aluminum shift lever with plastic knob - new, excellent condition $50
    7. Front ARB adjusting cable - new $150 rear also available same price
    8. Throttle pedal - new, Lola production, original black paint $150
    9. Clutch pedal - new Lola production, without pedal pad, nickel plated $95
    10. Pedal assembly mount - new, Lola production, bolts to floor and accepts pedals, gloss black powder coat $265
    11. Steering rack mount, pair - new, perfect condition
    12. Rear "bumper" - new, never produced by Lola but essential if running long tail. Mounts body, rain light, jump plug $225
    13. Shift linkage rod assembly - new factory U-joint, gloss powder coat, but some shop wear $225
    14. Oil tank lower rest - new, some shop wear
    15. Aluminum wheel retaining washers - fit between outside of wheel and wheel nut, w/ steel insert, new, perfect condition $75
    16. Upright bearing locknut - special low-height Lola locknut, requires 40mm socket with 4 tangs at 90 degrees
    17. Rear hub spacer - locates hub shaft in upright bearing
    18. Rear upright bearing retaining ring
    19. Front upright bearing retaining ring
    20. Rear lower subframe - attaches under engine chassis to gearbox, new, Lola production, gloss black powder coat $475
    21. Rear suspension radius rod - attaches bottom of frame at roll bar to bottom of rear upright, new, gloss black powder coat $100
    22. Rear suspension rocker arm - new, Lola production, gloss black powder coat
    23. Half shafts - new, bare, excellent condition $300 ea
    24. Rear engine plate - 1/8" aluminum, new, fits between gearbox adapter and gearbox case
    25. Rear ARB - new, Lola production, gloss black power coat
    26. Rear upright - new, Lola production, no paint (this one came from Lola unpainted) $850 (also have used rear upright)
    27. Chassis side panels - Both L and R sides available, laser cut 5052 aluminum, new, protective plastic film on outside $165
    28. Steering rack assembly - original Lola production, used $700
    29. Oil tank bracket - holds tank to rear of firewall, used, nickel plated with minor rust showing $50
    30. Coolant tank (sometimes called swirl pot) - steel, Lola production, black paint, good condition $90
    31. Rear suspension lower link - connects lower subframe to upright, Lola production, good condition, used
    32. Front motor mount "Spider" - attaches front of engine to rear of frame, used, Lola prod, black paint w/bushing $200
    33. Rear ARB subframe assembly w/ARB - not Lola, made from square tubing but nicely made, used, good cond $275
    34. Rear upper rocker arm - new, Lola production, gloss black powder coat, both sides available

And the list goes on . . .
    If you see something here that you need, please let me know. If you don't see the required part, many are not listed here, so I may still be able to help. A few photos are posted as examples, specifically the rear "Bumper" #12, rear rocker arms #34, 640 upper front wishbone #2, Shift linkage #13, and ARB adjusting cable #7. Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Its been pointed out to me that I mistakenly listed the rear rocker arms twice as #22 and #34. In reality, both of these references are to the same parts, a pair of rear upper rockers for the suspension. They are both new, manufactured by Lola and have a gloss black powder coat finish. I will sell them individually or as a pair.

Sorry for the confusion.

Robert

Liked: 0

Default Lola T640 Parts

Hello, are the Lola T640 parts still available? Do you have any bodywork in addition to the parts you currently have?

Liked: 95

Quote Originally Posted by Mbbarbour View Post
    Hello, are the Lola T640 parts still available? Do you have any bodywork in addition to the parts you currently have?
    Jimmycon28 has an older ad here on Apex for a T640. It sez there’s a spare chassis and bodywork included. Maybe he’d sell separately?
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Quote Originally Posted by Mbbarbour View Post
    The parts are available and, in fact, the inventory is expanding. In time, I hope to have almost any part that a 640 owner will need. I do not currently have any body molds for the car. Several years ago I purchased a complete new set of body parts from TW Mouldings in the UK. It was a bit of an ordeal as they would only ship in custom wooden crates. I appreciate that they did not want to have anything damaged, but the crates added enough to the shipping that it doubled the cost. When they arrived, I was very happy with all except the long (642, 644) tail which was about 1 1/2" short on the top side and caused a large gap where it met the engine cover. I had to cut the flange off and extend the top surface to make it fit. If anyone has molds available, I might be interested. It would be nice to have a bodywork supplier here in the US.

Liked: 0

Default Lola T640

Quote Originally Posted by true racer View Post
    The parts are available and, in fact, the inventory is expanding. In time, I hope to have almost any part that a 640 owner will need. I do not currently have any body molds for the car. Several years ago I purchased a complete new set of body parts from TW Mouldings in the UK. It was a bit of an ordeal as they would only ship in custom wooden crates. I appreciate that they did not want to have anything damaged, but the crates added enough to the shipping that it doubled the cost. When they arrived, I was very happy with all except the long (642, 644) tail which was about 1 1/2" short on the top side and caused a large gap where it met the engine cover. I had to cut the flange off and extend the top surface to make it fit. If anyone has molds available, I might be interested. It would be nice to have a bodywork supplier here in the US.
    I have a friend who knows someone who can make a mold from a body which is something that I would do if indeed there aren't molds in the States. My email is m b barbour @ gmail.com if you would like to connect. I would love to pick up some parts for the T640 that I just purchased. Can you message me?

Thank you!

Liked: 25

Default Lola parts

Robert

You have a pm

thanks
    Tom

Liked: 23

Robert you have PM from me as well.
    Cheers
    Ricky
    Ralt RT5 (535)
    Lola T492 (HU17)

Liked: 5

Default Rebuilding a T642 Upgraded to a T644

Do you have the engine spider?
    Front hubs?
    Front wheel cover/bearing for wheel nut?
    Rear Sway bar Assembly

Default 640 Parts

I believe that I do have the parts you request except for the front hubs. The hubs are being drawn up to be CNC machined, so it will be a little while yet until they are ready. Please send me a PM with more info on the specific parts that you need. I'll get you more info including photos and pricing.

Thread Information