Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 348

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    No fit on my side. Must be interpreted differently then it I saw it on my side. I just saw something saying regional events never counted, I was simply pointing out that is not the whole truth. I'm not complaining now years after the fact, I am correcting the incorrect info posted.
    I see you're standing on your semantic argument. Let me repeat what was already posted: Participation in a "Rational" as a regional only entry did not count toward national participation. Even in those situations where National and Regional entries were in the same run group, the regional only entries did not count toward national participation. Only National entries were counted.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

This thread is so SCCA. Disenfranchised angry racers who had their class killed by SCCA, being told by SCCA people, what interpretation of rules justified killing the class. All ancient history! All doing nothing to solve any problem or help prevent existing classes from being killed off.

Since SCCA ignored their own rules for killing off classes for decades, one would have thought that they would have respected the F1000 racers efforts to grow their class. When two groups have a misunderstanding based on miscommunication, it is rarely just one group's fault. If anything, it is the governing group's job to make sure that everyone is informed. Clearly, the F1000 racers did not understand that their strategy for survival would be used as a weapon against them.

Letting the disenfranchised angry racers rant would seem to be an equally effective response, being as no one will be changing their minds anyway, and kicking those already down rarely brings the bystanders support.

Instead of finding ways to kill classes by merging them, let's find ways to help our OW classes survive.
    Last edited by problemchild; 10.17.22 at 9:45 PM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

3. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    Mike, it's only one hour more to drive from Dallas to VIR than to drive from Dallas to Mid Ohio.

Please come next year.
    Stan- I didn't say it was too far.I said I chose not attend this year.It is 2.5 hours longer but that was not my reason.
    I am considering going in 2023.I still think that having the Runoffs at COTA is a good idea. Plenty of paddock and a good race track for racing.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by M.Sauce View Post
    I still think that having the Runoffs at COTA is a good idea. Plenty of paddock and a good race track for racing.
    I agree COTA is a good track location that doesnt seriously punish anyone distance-wise. As for a "local racer" having an advantage, if they contracted the location for a decade or more, that gets negated ....
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information