Liked: 44

Default New Club Racing classes

The EVAC is currently (pardon the pun) working on three new classes for the Club Racing program.

1. ESpec: No its not a spec class but we haven't really found a proper name for it yet. The idea was to take production EV cars, add the safety gear (seat, belts, etc.) and go racing. We're keeping it simple for now......no tinkering with the motor or battery system. Think BSpec with EVs.....Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Teslas, etc.
    2. eP2: Think P2 with an electric motor. to keep cost down, flat bottom, minimal aero.
    3. eFX: Again, think of a built chassis with an EV motor and battery system.

We expect these classes to run in 2023. Will there be a bunch of cars on track? No....but you have to start somewhere.

Eventually there will be various levels of prep so we'll have IT, Touring, ST, production and GT levels of prep for these EV cars.....but for now we're keeping it simple.

We expect these rules packages to be done within a couple of months and we will use this forum (among other places) to make announcements about this.

Dayle
    Dayle Frame
    Area 4 Director (MI, OH, IN KY, WV)
    Chair of the Electrified Vehicles Advisory Committee (EVAC)
    Email me at dframe@scca.com

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

I will be interested to follow as a 2012 Leaf owner and had leased a 2021 Leaf+.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 536

Going to take a lot of training for course workers, e-crew, scrutineers, etc. Making sure the installs are safe, handling fires that don't want to go out, cutting power, etc etc.

I'd rather run a methanol class.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 20

I'd be interested. I have a Chevy Bolt as my "daily" and have tracked it twice. I also considered electrifying a miata for use as a track car.

Thread Information