Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Default Brake Rotor Identifcation

Trying to identify these rotors to determine if I can use them

My car is an RF01 FC. The current rotors I have are like this:
    Attachment 101995
    Flush mounting bolts and a tapered edge (I suspect for clearance)

These are 10.125 x .37 but with mounting tabs that look like swift. They also have a grooved edge.
    Attachment 101994
    And these are 9.875 x .34 - no groove in the edge. They actually have a light line and look like they had a groove but they were trimmed down.
    Attachment 101993

Any idea if these will work with the standard VD hub?

Liked: 59

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    Trying to identify these rotors to determine if I can use them

My car is an RF01 FC. The current rotors I have are like this:

Any idea if these will work with the standard VD hub?
    Why would you even consider trying to use something other than parts made for a VD? I mean, seriously, you're talking about brakes. The originals I believe are PFC rotors, I had some and those tend to warp. I switched to the drilled and scalloped versions that Primus sells, no warping, lighter, although will eat brake pads much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyngengr View Post
    Why would you even consider trying to use something other than parts made for a VD? I mean, seriously, you're talking about brakes. The originals I believe are PFC rotors, I had some and those tend to warp. I switched to the drilled and scalloped versions that Primus sells, no warping, lighter, although will eat brake pads much quicker.
    Well, that's why I'm trying to identify these. Not sure what they are.
    I won't be using them unless I can find they are specifically for the VD.

On the subject of the scalloped rotors, that is what I intended to get, but there is a recent thread where they have become dished. Did you cryo treat yours?.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

I've never seen a VD rotor with the circular hole on top of the drive slot.

When I was looking for rotors last week I talked to Pegasus, and those look like the new style Campbell rotors, but they told me that they take a different bolt. E-mail me and we can compare bolt specs.

Liked: 953

Paul,

Have you tried to contact Greg M.?
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thanks all for feedback.

The ones with the open bolt holes (aka slots - pics 2,3) have been identified as for a Swift. If anyone has a need for them, PM me as I have no use for them. Probably can ship flat-rate USPS

Liked: 59

Default Dished rotors

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    On the subject of the scalloped rotors, that is what I intended to get, but there is a recent thread where they have become dished. Did you cryo treat yours?.
    The rotors I have came directly from Brad and unless he cryo treats those it has not been done. I do try to stay off the brakes when coming in after a session to keep the car from rolling. I was told at a driver's school to not use the brakes to keep the car stationary when coming off the track as it will warp the rotors.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information