Liked: 11

Default Vintage/Yamaha KT100's

I have three KT 100 Yamahas plus many parts to support them including pistons, OH gold rings, carb kits, mounts with 3rd bearings. Need to clean out this stuff. One Yamaha has never been run and is on low bore, was built with all the best stuff and before was extremely quick and will be btter now, the second one is almost as good but has a few hours on bottem end, fresh top end. The third one was seized and never redone, but there is more than enoguh parts to rebuild it. Have pipes, air boxes ect but only one clutch left L&T 4 spring. All needs to go ASAP, clearing out garge for my formula car stuff. Anyone wishing to build a retro Yamaha, these are for you. Thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Only selling all as a packge and can supply pictures on request. $2000. cnd funds takes it all.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Just engines or do you have Yamaha Karts also.
    As a kid walking through the local Yamaha dealer showroom on our way to the parts counter in back to get parts for my TY80, I always had to drool over two things. One was the newest YZ80 and the other was the Yamaha Kart. I would have given anything for either.

Ok Agnif, you're thinking stupid again.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1110

If the seller has no kart as it appears, I have a complete ‘83 Emmick Star-Yamaha on a shelf near Denver that hasn’t been started for twenty years... in case you wanna go full-off the intelligence rails.

If you buy the seller’s motors, I’d rather you got stupid in our old kart over it being lonely any longer. But be warned! That baby’s got about — count ‘em! — 14 horses and each one’s as angry as a mistreated Clydedale.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 268

Default karts

This conversation brings back memories of my karting days with, in that time, the narrow front and rear and probably hard compound tires that my kart had (the hot setup in those days) and being able to do beautiful four wheel drifts in most corners without lifting and certainly, at least in my mind, thinking I was the next Fangio! Thinking back, and never having driven a current kart, which I am sure are rockets, none of the race cars I have ever had including my, FF,FA,CA,F1 cars ever handled as good as a kart! Ah to be a teen ager again! Only one that was not good was my Bug kart, which in its metallic blue paint and style was great except for the God damned one piece Airheart hydraulic brake that never worked!

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

You don’t need no stinking brakes!

My first kart was also a Bug, about a ‘73. My brother and I went in on a Mac 101 (125 cc of raging angst) but never quite got it all together. So I bought a proper ‘76 Margay-Mac 49E, drenched with a full 8 horsies from its 80 cc powerhouse of Hell, and went racing in ‘77.

But the cool factor didn’t stop there! I bought a used Bell Star and a “visor-opening plug kit” for it. It was an arch of fiberglass to completely cover the visor opening so you could cut a narrow opening for extra coolness.

Move over, Johncock!
    (Warning! You must be REALLY OLD to comprehend this reference!).

I couldn’t see, but little matter.

Liked: 268

Default karts

My old neighbor when I was A kid was a TV repairman (remember these guys?) and I borrowed one of his old yellow Bell bubble shield but small detail, he used to smoke those old Tipparillo stinky cigars while driving. Two laps and I was sick to my stomach, not sure the stink or yellow color!

9. The following members LIKED this post:

So you were immediately hooked on nickarting?

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    If the seller has no kart as it appears, I have a complete ‘83 Emmick Star-Yamaha on a shelf near Denver that hasn’t been started for twenty years... in case you wanna go full-off the intelligence rails.

If you buy the seller’s motors, I’d rather you got stupid in our old kart over it being lonely any longer. But be warned! That baby’s got about — count ‘em! — 14 horses and each one’s as angry as a mistreated Clydedale.
    Why are you doing this to me?

I've got a TY80 in pieces sitting on a shelf in my parts room that I started a resto on 15 years ago.

How bad is the Kart?

Damn it !
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Oh, it’s BAD!

A friend bought it brand-new in ‘83. He’d broken his back on a road bike in ‘79, which paralyzed him, went karting in ‘81 and ‘82, ran five laps in the Emmick, made a change, went back out, ran one lap and was overturned, it sad idle in Santa Barbara until a friend and I split and resurrected it in 2000.

I’d say we ran 200-300 laps on it. Been on a shelf at a friend’s track/shop since.

I haven’t even looked at it since. I’m not even 100% sure it’s still there, but can ask my friend to confirm.

Kart was in very good shape when we shelved it. I’d only sell it if it is (cheap), and only if you bought the OP’s motors — and would only ask that it gets used.

But Yes, just torturing you back to childhood. Sure was more fun than these days.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 208

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    You don’t need no stinking brakes!

My first kart was also a Bug, about a ‘73. My brother and I went in on a Mac 101 (125 cc of raging angst) but never quite got it all together. So I bought a proper ‘76 Margay-Mac 49E, drenched with a full 8 horsies from its 80 cc powerhouse of Hell, and went racing in ‘77.

But the cool factor didn’t stop there! I bought a used Bell Star and a “visor-opening plug kit” for it. It was an arch of fiberglass to completely cover the visor opening so you could cut a narrow opening for extra coolness.

Move over, Johncock!
    (Warning! You must be REALLY OLD to comprehend this reference!).

I couldn’t see, but little matter.
    I had a Bug Spyder enduro kart in the '70s with a Mac 91 motor. Ran it at Mid Ohio. Figured top speed was about 105. Yeah, crazy.

Also ran sprint karts in the late 60s early 70s. Rupp Dart kart with a Mac. Later, in the 90s, went back to sprint karts and ran a Comer P50 on a European kart...can't remember the name. That thing was quick. Sold it to a guy in his late 30s who never raced anything before. Scared the crap out of him and he sold it.

Moving to formula cars actually felt slower than racing sprint karts. A great development experience.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 11

Yes I have driven karts for over 40 years and remeber all the stuff you guys are talking about. My first kart was a Birel and funny my last kart was a Birel DD2. I raced in Europe as part of Team Canada at the ROK world finals and missed the Rotax World by one spot to a previuos world champion a few years ago. I have run Yamaha, ICA 100cc direct drive, ROK and Rotax. Was all good until my left ankle final was such a mess that I had it fused. Now racing cars as the clutch foot is only needed a bit, not all the time as you need that feel in a kart for the brake, and I developed and adjusted my pedal that I use my knee for force. Karting was always great fun and yes I think every kart driver thinks he is going to F1. If you don't kart you have no chance so why not start there. NO I have no chassis left, well one but it needs brakes looked at and would sell it if someone wanted it. Its a 2011 PCR.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information