Liked: 20

Default Rebuilding older Lockheed master cylinders CP2293

I have an older 3/4" Lockheed master cylinder CP2293 style that I would like to rebuild. Apparently AP (successor to Lockheed) no longer makes the seals for this style master. Does anyone know of an alternate source for seals that would work on these master cylinders? Thanks.

Scott

Liked: 146

Scott, if that is one of the old canister master cylinders, I just found the numbers on the seals, googled them, and found them on line. I cant recall who the supplier was, but I got them without too much of a problem, and not too much cost.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

The Pegasus Tech guys are on top of this stuff so I would give them a call. Great service from them too!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 610

Default AP Rebuild

I think that is the same kit as the shorter stroke master cylinder, CP2623, which I have kits for.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thanks for the responses, guys. Here is a pic of a CP2293 identical to the one I want to rebuild (the one in the pic is 5/8”, the one I need to rebuild is 3/4”). Will the 2623 rebuild kit work on this style?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23B3C127-AB1D-49A3-9487-23CBCD1E859E.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	91573  

Liked: 947

Quote Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Here is a pic of a CP2293 identical to the one I want to rebuild (the one in the pic is 5/8”, the one I need to rebuild is 3/4”). Will the 2623 rebuild kit work on this style?

Call Keith at Averill or the guys at Pegasus and ask.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

I should have mentioned that Pegasus wasn't sure when I called. I also called Essex since they import AP/Lockheed parts, and they said rebuild kits are NLA. I find it hard to believe that I can't get replacement seals, so figured I'd ask here. Kea suggested above that the CP2623 kit should work. I posted the pic above to confirm which style master I'm referring to. Thanks again ...

Figured I'd update this wtih my findings. No dice on seals for the CP2293 3/4". Apparently the seals aren't available. I checked a number of suppliers, including an outfit in the UK that specializes in vintage master cylinders. I did look for the numbers of the seals and googled. They may have been a Lockheed specific application (the seals do have "Lockheed" molded into them). In any case, that didn't turn up anything useful. It's kinda moot in the end - further inspection revealed that the bore of the master has some pitting, so in the trash it goes.
    Last edited by stownsen914; 04.17.20 at 6:58 PM.

Thread Information