Thread: NP01 Photos

Liked: 44

Default NP01 Photos

I thought we'd start a thread with some car build and component photos of the NP01 as we start assembling new cars for customers. This is chassis 035 in the shop. Its a pretty robust chassis and with composite side crush boxes a pretty safe one too. The floors are stainless steel and riveted and bonded in place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	np01.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	89931  

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

This is chassis 000, the very first NP01 built. It has always been the factory car and has run in both the spec series and in ST1 with more power and aero. It will continue see service as our development car with the spec series engine upgrade, and new aero package.

Name:	B508E816-07F9-45BC-A8FB-D16614834E1E.jpeg 
Views:	296 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	90153  

Liked: 111

Quote Originally Posted by SeBeco View Post
    This is chassis 000, the very first NP01 built. It has always been the factory car and has run in both the spec series and in ST1 with more power and aero. It will continue see service as our development car with the spec series engine upgrade, and new aero package.
    I have a hard time keeping up with SR rules anymore. Does this have a home outside of NASA? Place in the SCCA structure?

I do believe the car has SCCA approval to race in P2 and PX with more power although I'll have to check on that. Its not a light car in NP01 spec trim though. By way of comparison its FF paced at Road Atlanta (1:31) and in ST1 spec maybe close to FC at 1:26?

Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 35

Default NP01 in SCCA

There is no fundamental legal issue in getting the NP01 into SCCA P2.

Basically the engine dyno curve needs to be submitted to SCCA, along with car weight, so that the SCCA can work out a proper restrictor size for the engine.

Would suggest that the ST1 version would be proper approach. The "stock" NP01 is at a disadvantage in that the power/weight ratio will probably not meet the P2 power factor number.(((Max hp +max torque)/2)/weight)).

There may other minor tech issues with meeting P2 rules but I can't think of any right now.

There may be one--Technically you cannot have a single seat closed cockpit car. But I actually think SCCA would let that pass. Frankly even the ST1 version of car might struggle to be competitive in P2 right now.

I thought you might like to see a cfd image from our aero update kit for the NP01. We've designed a new rear diffuser, front splitter and rear wing pylons. The net result was more than double the downforce of the stock car with a useful front aero balance shift. All for minimal drag gain. On a car like this without much aero there are some large gains to be had fairly easily. We've also developed a new cam for the 2.0 MZR engine which bumps the power over 200hp.

Most of our NP01 owners use Facebook so that's where we post most NP01 related news.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.ben.37

Name:	SEB003_RampsPlusWingDiff_RrIsoStreams.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	91408  

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by SeBeco View Post
    <Snip>

Most of our NP01 owners use Facebook so that's where we post most NP01 related news.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.ben.37
    A lot of people “Just Say No to Facebook”

10. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 757

Quote Originally Posted by GraemeD View Post
    A lot of people “Just Say No to Facebook”
    Thanks for your constructive input into this thread.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

I agree don’t use Facebook.
    I am not personally against it but you can’t find any info once it’s a few weeks old it’s lost.

regards

Paul

Liked: 2

Default Asr

I've been running my NP01 in SCCA as ASR.
    The P2 rules don't allow a roof.

Liked: 553

I was able to look at one at Daytona last week. Really nice car. I hear it is very popular in NASA and enduros.

Thread Information