Thread: CDS issue

Liked: 247

Default CDS issue

Just looking to see if anyone else has had an issue with getting oil pressure to read on their CDS dash?

I've tried two different sending units with no readings at all on either of them. I've got RPM and oil temp so part of it is working. The pins appear to be fine on the connector as well.

Thanks,
    Brian

Liked: 391

Quote Originally Posted by B Farnham View Post
    Just looking to see if anyone else has had an issue with getting oil pressure to read on their CDS dash?

I've tried two different sending units with no readings at all on either of them. I've got RPM and oil temp so part of it is working. The pins appear to be fine on the connector as well.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Are you using an original CDS cable that's made for the oil pressure sender? When you buy a new sender from CDS, they provided a short whip and plug. There was something (i think a small resistor) in the whip that was needed to make it work. I've used plenty of senders, but always needed the CDS whip. I'll have to go back and look and jog my memory for more clarity. Next time I'm at the shop I'll look at mine.

Liked: 837

Brian,
    Are you using the LIVE READINGS direct connection from CDSLink for the "no readings at all", or just that it doesn't show up properly on your regular dash? Suggest you use the Live Readings and then view the 'Edit Calibration' option to see what it's SUPPOSED to read - that is looking at the 'Electrical' side of the readings - that is the voltage that should be on the signal line. The Engineering half is the NUMBERS that should be displayed on the dash and the LIVE reading on that channel.

Are you confident that you are looking at the correct channel for the OP signal? IOW.. has it EVER worked? Have you changed the SSI channel setups via CDSLink at all recently?

I'm not aware of the resistor that Mike mentions - OP is one of the 2 channels that were working when I got mine.

BTW .. I am FAR from an expert - only been working with mine for 2 test days so far - just throwing out ideas
    Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 247

Appreciate you both reaching out, ended up being an issue with where I had my pressure unit rather than the CDS. Should all be working now!

Liked: 83

Default Oil pressure sender

The resistor is only required on certain types of senders, contact David Ferguson at Veracity he can tell you how to figure out what you have, and what you need. Ferguson could likely build anything you need.
    He We have a CDS that requires a software key and to keep the key from running out the computer date is reset regularly to the last date the key was activated, the computer is now only used for the CDS system.
    We are working on replacing the CDS with an AiM system.

David

Thread Information