Liked: 36

Wanted To Buy WTB: Wedge cell enclosure

Working on converting my t342 to a wedge cell and wanted to see if anyone had one gathering dust before I ordered a new one. Looking for something around the size of the Fuel Safe CB304 or CB301. 9.25" tall absolute max, up to 17" wide. If someone has a good, in date, cell that fits the enclose that would be a bonus.

CB304 - https://fuelsafe.com/accb304/
    CB301 - https://fuelsafe.com/accb301/

Let me know what you have, thanks.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 434

Are you looking for the cell or just the can?
    Graham

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

I need a cell. If you have one, please send PM with dimensions.

FV

I'm primarily looking for a container so I can make sure it'll fit correctly and I'll be able to get low enough to pass broomstick test. But I'll need a cell as well.

If you have a cell that fits one of the cans I linked I'm definitely interested.

Liked: 956

Default Mock up

To make sure the wedge cell works for you, mock up a cell in cardboard and to make sure you can get under the broomstick with your helmet on. If you have to buy a new cell, Fuel Safe makes the container for a very reasonable price.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    To make sure the wedge cell works for you, mock up a cell in cardboard and to make sure you can get under the broomstick with your helmet on. If you have to buy a new cell, Fuel Safe makes the container for a very reasonable price.

Regards,
    Dan
    That's my project this afternoon!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

I have this one but the only drawback maybe is that it is 18” wide. Other dimensions are 9” high12” long and the upper flat is 3.5”.
    Graham

Thanks for the offer but too wide for my frame. Probably not worth the time/cost to modify it down to <16.5".

Cardboard test of the CB304 cell fits but just barely. Going to get in touch with fuel safe and see if they can make it a 1/4" shorter.

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

I recently put in a Harmon wedge cell in my 340....bought NOS off an apexer who never used it. My notes say similar to ATL FC152, FIA cert, 5.5 gal, "custom" can...don't have exact dims at hand. It fit under the factory seat, but couldn't put seat to far back setting...was tight. rear edge sort of squeezed under the cross tube where original shoulder harnesses anchored. Had to drop dry sump tank about 1 1/2"; installed new cross tube on rollbar, for shoulder belts to improve angle/lay with HANS (orig. anchors too sharp bend down...see photos); relocated fire system and battery... lots of moving stuff about. Also did elaborate rework/design for updates with front hoop/bars for CF specs, extra framing to feed loads to bottom tubes of chassis.....(not in photos...)

Attached are a couple of photos of cell that might help... If you want more info/chat, PM me with email...can take exchange off forum..

Bob L.

Bob that's great, sending you a PM

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Wanted To Buy cell for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Earley Motorsports View Post
    I have this one but the only drawback maybe is that it is 18” wide. Other dimensions are 9” high12” long and the upper flat is 3.5”.
    can you give me a date the bladder was mfg, may need a photo or two as well, this about the size of my bladder that needs replaced.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johndl View Post
    can you give me a date the bladder was mfg, may need a photo or two as well, this about the size of my bladder that needs replaced.
    thanks
    Hi. There is no bladder, just the can the bladder goes in.
    Graham

Liked: 482

FWIW, getting my enclosure right and me fit in the car properly took more time than just about any other single task.
    All my measuring and eyeball plans had to be adjusted a bunch, especially once I installed some crush padding and got in with my helmet. In and out, in and out, in and out..,

Thanks for the recent replies but I ended up going with an off the shelf cell and container, ATL FC140 and associated cell. Fits great in the 342.

I have however picked up another car and will be running that one instead so the brand new cell, only assembled and used for mock-up, is available if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM, I can bring it with me to the 50th event at Road Atlanta 10/31-11/3 if I know before Wednesday evening.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Thread Information