Liked: 0

Default Hewland Mk 8 / 9 Input shaft + FF adapter dimensions

Hi all, hoping someone might have a Hewland Mk8 or Mk9 on the bench and be able to help me with this by running a straightedge across the face of their adapter.

When running a Mk8 or 9 with the 2" + 1/8 Formula Ford adapter plate (to xflow block) and 11" 9/16 formula ford type input shaft, what is the longitudinal distance (ie for and aft) from the tip of the shaft to the flange face of the adapter that mates against the ford block?

Many thanks,

Liked: 162

Can't confirm the 11 9/16" layshaft length, but it's a MK 9 for FF w/2 1/8" adapter, distance is .300".

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bob darcey View Post
    Can't confirm the 11 9/16" layshaft length, but it's a MK 9 for FF w/2 1/8" adapter, distance is .300".
    Hi Bob, many thanks for that, just what I was looking for, great stuff!

Liked: 6

I have a FF adapter and possibly input shaft that I do not need. Actually, I have a FF Hewland, with the FF cut out that I'd just as soon trade for a Hewland without the cut out. I don't know if that is realistic. I should probably post an ad in the classified! But, I just saw this post and thought I'd add.

Thread Information