Liked: 24

Default Weber DGV Squirt pump

Hey gang-I tackled the Weber rebuild today, and have a question. Since the car has been sitting for 23 years-should I go ahead and replace the accelerator pump diaphragm assembly? Is it as easy as just removing the 4 mounting screws, or will I need to make some carb adjustments? The floats looked god and had no rattles or fluid in them. Here is a picture of the float/lid.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53241766_10157278229144474_5522752344023891968_n.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	83937  

Liked: 182

23 yo carb, Why are you hesitating?

Liked: 610

Default weber

Remove the four screws and see if the diaphragm is still flexible. Also, be sure it is void of any cracks/ holes.
    Also, remove the check valve that holds the squinter nozzle in place and see if the check ball inside still moves when you shake it. If it does, screw it back in.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 24

Oh I agree..I just have not fooled around with a DGV before. My Bugeye has a 45DCOE Weber. I just didn't want to pull that piece off the carb if I was opening a can of worms when I removed it? I assume it is pretty straight forward?

Liked: 313

Decided to move this to a new post.
    Last edited by Dave Harmison; 02.24.19 at 5:35 PM.

Thread Information