Liked: 7

Wanted To Buy Tiga FFA77 parts wanted

Looks like I'll be racing in 2019 in the Crossflow Cup and I'm resurrecting the Terrible Tiga. There are a few parts I'm looking for, including bodywork (the sidepods in particular, which the car never had while I've had it), a radiator (I don't have a spare), the radiator filler neck/swirl pot (I can have another one made, but if somebody already has one...), and headers, the down-and-out style.

I've been in touch with Tiga in England about bodywork, where I know I can get the sidepods (not the cheap way to go with shipping and all), but the tail and the nose are still being looked into. The tail is the step-down style, unique to the 77 I think, and ugly in my opinion, but I want to get the car back to original configuration. The other parts can be made if need be.

I last ran the car ten years ago (not very well; many issues), but I ran it in several races in 98-01, where I won most of the Club Ford races in Regionals, and then put Goodyear slicks on it and chased down Swifts and Van Diemans (and beat several...) in a couple of Nationals. The car is rough, but has potential; now I just have to get its appearance up to scratch! (Especially if I'm going to Monterey for the Reunion......)

Liked: 95

Brian,
    A couple years ago, there was a gentleman, here on Apex, who had a used FFA77 tailpiece for sale. I think it might have been Robert J. Cavanaugh.
    Side pods.......There's a gentleman up here with a FFA76 and he has a set of side pod molds. They're different from the FFA77 in that they're flat rather than "flared out" like a FFA78. The 76 and the 77 are almost identical cars and these type pods will fit right up nicely on your 77. He also has a nosepiece mold. (Same as yours) If you're interested, he's tiga01, here on Apex.
    Good luck.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Thanks for the info; that's why I came here! I don't know about the sidepod idea; I want to keep the car close to original spec, and they are available. The nose though, that's a good lead!

Liked: 63

Default Parts

Check with Bill Margraf he's going through a Tiga restoration presently and has sourced many of the same items.

Scott

Liked: 5

Default Tiga Parts

Quote Originally Posted by SV@RHC View Post
    Check with Bill Margraf he's going through a Tiga restoration presently and has sourced many of the same items.

Scott
    Hello Brian, I have selection of parts for your car including a new tail. Robert J. Cavanaugh 570-223-8870

Liked: 6

Bob, trying to reach you. Are you out there?

Liked: 212

Your best bet is to give him a call.

It's a small miracle he figured out how to post here at all. Very old school

His stuff is in good shape.. he will describe it accurately.. I've seen it all. Good guy to deal with
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 25

Default 77 Tiga

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Forster View Post
    Looks like I'll be racing in 2019 in the Crossflow Cup and I'm resurrecting the Terrible Tiga. There are a few parts I'm looking for, including bodywork (the sidepods in particular, which the car never had while I've had it), a radiator (I don't have a spare), the radiator filler neck/swirl pot (I can have another one made, but if somebody already has one...), and headers, the down-and-out style.

I've been in touch with Tiga in England about bodywork, where I know I can get the sidepods (not the cheap way to go with shipping and all), but the tail and the nose are still being looked into. The tail is the step-down style, unique to the 77 I think, and ugly in my opinion, but I want to get the car back to original configuration. The other parts can be made if need be.

I last ran the car ten years ago (not very well; many issues), but I ran it in several races in 98-01, where I won most of the Club Ford races in Regionals, and then put Goodyear slicks on it and chased down Swifts and Van Diemans (and beat several...) in a couple of Nationals. The car is rough, but has potential; now I just have to get its appearance up to scratch! (Especially if I'm going to Monterey for the Reunion......)
    If you lookup 1977 Tiga for sale on Apex dated 08/30/04 you will see one of the best examples of a mid to late77 Tiga. I run an early 77 Tiga and went to the Hytech header that exists above the top frame rail it really improve the all round performance over the original tiga header. I know some one that may have some parts i can get back to if they are still available.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

If you're talking about the orange Tiga from Sweden, I've seen that ad and am constantly referring to it for details.

As far as some of the parts I mentioned in my first post, I've found someone in Washington who is making new sidepods. (That was an adventure in itself, since I didn't have any sidepods and didn't know how they fit. Little did I realize that the cars had no aluminum side panels, just the sidepods....) I got a set of the down and out style headers which are in decent shape. Did I understand you correctly that those weren't good? I prefer them from an originality point of view, but if they hurt the power, I may have second thoughts... The filler neck was repaired, so I'm good there. A new nose would be nice, and I'm still trying to get that sorted out. For the tail, Bob and I have talked about getting his, but he's disappeared again. (He had a bad flu a few weeks ago, he told me.) As for the radiator, I have some leads on making a new one, but still would like to find an existing one.

So the car is coming along....

Liked: 25

Default Tiga

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Forster View Post
    If you're talking about the orange Tiga from Sweden, I've seen that ad and am constantly referring to it for details.

As far as some of the parts I mentioned in my first post, I've found someone in Washington who is making new sidepods. (That was an adventure in itself, since I didn't have any sidepods and didn't know how they fit. Little did I realize that the cars had no aluminum side panels, just the sidepods....) I got a set of the down and out style headers which are in decent shape. Did I understand you correctly that those weren't good? I prefer them from an originality point of view, but if they hurt the power, I may have second thoughts... The filler neck was repaired, so I'm good there. A new nose would be nice, and I'm still trying to get that sorted out. For the tail, Bob and I have talked about getting his, but he's disappeared again. (He had a bad flu a few weeks ago, he told me.) As for the radiator, I have some leads on making a new one, but still would like to find an existing one.

So the car is coming along....
    I have the mold for the nose not a cheap nose to make and not very easy with it being so pointy and deep cost me 600 each. I have new bullet upper crossmember for 395. Header i agree to try and keep original look i was very reluctant to change mine but it ended up looking better with the hytech. They can make you one down and under 1800. The performance is great upto 5hp more average 3hp. Radiator i built my own aluminum rad. Biggest problem with these cars with the sharks mouth nose is getting it to run cool. Send and email i can send you pics of mine rad/header mcemotors@telus.net

Thread Information