Liked: 7

For Sale Race-ready Citation FST - For Sale

I've put this off as long as I can, but unfortunately the time has come for me to sell my Formula First. I love this car and love this series but I'm just not able to commit the time necessary to make the series races and I want this podium-capable car in the hands of somebody who can do that. The last time this car ran it was 3rd at Indy and it's an oil change and a good battery charge away from being right back at that level. Here's what I'm selling:

- Citation FST (I've put this car on the podium at Watkins Glen, Indy, Road America, Mid-Ohio, etc. - originally purchased from Sam Farmiga)
    - Very strong Autowerks engine with only 3 post-breakin sessions on the motor
    - Completely replumbed dry sump oil system (Robert Guhde called it "the most expensive oil system in the paddock" but the car is always dry :-) )
    - Mounted slicks with only 4 sessions on them - stored in an insulated garage
    - 3-year-old mounted rains with two sessions on them
    - Wide variety of spares, camber gauges, comm boards, etc.

I will also throw in for free a Silver Bullet body that has been fitted to the car if you move the shocks inboard. That would require a driver shorter and skinnier than I, as it turns out, but will make the car even slicker through the air. I've put a lot of development into the car (oil system, new shocks, new scoops, handling, etc.) and it is a reliable podium car in my hands and a race winner with a better driver.

I have more than $12K invested in this car but am willing to part with it for $7000 OBO so it can participate in the series. I live about 5 minutes from Jim Schings so am semi-convenient to KY/OH/IN folks. Delivery to other locations is possible depending on logistics. With offers and/or questions, please contact me via email at xandotiger AT yahoo dot com or via phone at 859-379-9349. I want to see this car on-track next year and will work with you to make that happen.

Matt Gordon

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 174

Default Citation

I actually converted this car along with Dion Dunn to a FST back in 2006' and enjoyed racing it as a FV and FST!

GLWS!

Mark

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 151

Default Nice Car

Among what is for sale now this car gets my vote on the car that's most ready to win a race with the right driver. I think (with a weekend checkup) and a good driver, this car can win a race first time out. No need for complete tear downs and its a total bargain at what Matt is asking.

The 2019 Hoosier Tire Formula First series is coming together right now.

Default Buy my car :-)

Bump - as the schedule comes together, this is a great time to pick up a car with a podium pedigree! My wife really wants it out of the garage too, so I'll listen to any offer. :-)

Matt

For Sale Get your car in time for the 2019 season!

*BUMP* I've had a few folks contact me but worry that their offer would undervalue the car. Rest assured, I will listen to any offer for this car and its spares! My wife is very motivated to once again free up our garage and that means I'm a motivated seller. Contact me today and let's talk about how to get you into this car for the 2019 season!

Matt Gordon

Liked: 151

Default Maybe??

I have a feeling this car is maybe sold and heading for our WGI season opener.

Liked: 3

That is the plan.
    I expect to have it preped and ready for WGI.

Got it home this morning and will begin cracking it open this week.
    Gord B

Thread Information