Liked: 0

Default Need help identifying fv car lynx b?

Hello guys,

my brother and I just acquired this FV project from someone who unfortunately thought it was a great idea to chop up the original chassis. our plan for it is to restore it to its original design and race it. though we did not receive to much info as to the make, from my research I'm guessing this is a lynx b fv car. if anyone could suggest to the exact year or if i am wrong please do so. this chassis design is a bit different than the lynx b fv chassis i have seen but there are few defining factors that lead me to believe it is a lynx b chassis. also any help on if the chassis has been modified please suggest so as I am going to soon be getting the materials to replicate/repair its existing design, I do want to bring it back to its original design so if anyone has pictures as to what it should look like please provide those to me. attached are a few pictures of the car. the car supposedly was once raced by bob cornish as all the bodywork we received suggests by his name on all 3 sets.

thanks to all for any info!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fv car2.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	81007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fv car 1.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	81008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FV car.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	81009  

Liked: 63

Default Lynx

Yes it looks like a lynx or a very good copy. It has been converted to a Zero Roll Set up. It would not be hard to put it back to a twin shock set up for vintage.
    The guy you need to talk to is Fred Clark. He still builds the car but its call a Caracal. He can get you everything you need.
    His Number is 904 234-5603

Liked: 24

Here's photo of my vintage LynxB rear shocks and Z-bar. You have the mounting points for the Z-bar blocks.

Everything above the frame rails is much different than my LynxB, but it's still likely a LynxB. I've been told by a few Lynx guys than mine is likely a earlier example of a LynxB.

Also, I highly recommend adding "Maggie Bars" nerf-bars when you repair the frame. In our vintage FV group the VSCDA, 100% of use run them and their use is spreading quickly across the country.

Good luck with your LynxB, if you need any more detailed photos just ask.

Name:	IMG-6037.jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	81020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-6038.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	81021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-6039.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	81022  

John Kennelly
    Radiant Racing Tech - Apex Pro Dealer
    Facebook | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by crypt0zink View Post
    Here's photo of my vintage LynxB rear shocks and Z-bar. You have the mounting points for the Z-bar blocks.

Everything above the frame rails is much different than my LynxB, but it's still likely a LynxB. I've been told by a few Lynx guys than mine is likely a earlier example of a LynxB.

Also, I highly recommend adding "Maggie Bars" nerf-bars when you repair the frame. In our vintage FV group the VSCDA, 100% of use run them and their use is spreading quickly across the country.

Good luck with your LynxB, if you need any more detailed photos just ask.

you guys are awesome. By any chance could you please provide some picture of the mounting from frame to transmission? Thank you!

Liked: 301

Actually, the mounting points for your shocks & z-bar have been trimmed off to clear the down rods from your zero-roll suspension.
    But it would be a simple fix for a welder / fabricator to remove & replace the top cross piece of the rear box.
    (see attached drawings)
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by pacratt View Post
    Actually, the mounting points for your shocks & z-bar have been trimmed off to clear the down rods from your zero-roll suspension.
    But it would be a simple fix for a welder / fabricator to remove & replace the top cross piece of the rear box.
    (see attached drawings)
    Glenn
    Thanks so much!!! By chance do you have the complete chassis spec sheet? Theres some other issues with the frame i would like to verify.

Thanks!

Cleaned up some of the frame last night where previous owner created a monstrousity.

Name:	30E32592-C046-43E8-A66C-DD99827EA150.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	81054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A168AA36-28FA-4C9A-867A-37C2D0CAB800.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	81053  

Thread Information