Liked: 482

Default Fire system hose (loose?) and testing it?

The hoses, particularly at the T, on my fire system twist in the socket VERY easily. I can’t pull them out but the seem loose in radial. Normal? And how do I test the system short of setting it off? I figure gently shooting compressed air through should be okay but I don’t want to screw it all up.

Thanks in advance

Liked: 610

Default Fire system

If you need to use the system and the agent comes out other places besides to two nozzles, good.
    Unlike the hose (copper or aluminum) of the past with flared joints, the new plastic covered hose connection may not see right, but if you can't (easily) pull it apart, it's locked together.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 482

Thanks Keith. The T is right in my knee area so I kinda thought that would be okay if it leaked there some...

Liked: 29

Default Fire bottles....what type system?

Do you have Decoban black "plastic" hose with the push locks for the tee and the nozzles commonly used in AFF systems ?
    Yes there will be slightly loose in radial movement. At the bottle there will a male hose fitting threaded into the bottle. Un plug that fitting and blow dry compressed air at the fitting and you can see the loss if any , in the hose connections and check the flow of air thru the nozzles.

The hoses and the tee connections have a finite working time. Check it all out.....a picture (s) would help in diagnosing if you need further.

Thread Information