Thread: Lola t440 help

Liked: 23

Default Lola t440 help

Hi all,
    A friend of mine is restoring his T440 FF unfortunately it is missing the motor /gearbox spacer and intermediate shaft.

He has asked if i can help him out which i will do. I have sourced a few photos of what the spacer should look like but need to know the length of the spacer frame between the motor adaptor casting and the gearbox bell housing.

Also on the photos i note the use of either a concentric realease bearing or in another example the normal gearbox cross shaft / bell crank release bearing arrangement mounted in the spacer instead of the gearbox. WHICH of thes arrangements is HISTORICALLY correct as he will be seeking a CAMS historic log book when the car is complete.

Finally does anyone have a source for the intermediate shaft, new or good used is fine.

Many thanks,
    Ricky.

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Call Pat Prince. Prince Racing Illinois on Google. He is the king of all things Lola. He will know.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by trickycoupe View Post
    Hi all,

it is missing the motor /gearbox spacer and intermediate shaft.

but need to know the length of the spacer frame between the motor adaptor casting and the gearbox bell housing.

Also on the photos i note the use of either a concentric realease bearing or in another example the normal gearbox cross shaft / bell crank release bearing arrangement mounted in the spacer instead of the gearbox. WHICH of thes arrangements is HISTORICALLY correct as he will be seeking a CAMS historic log book when the car is complete.

does anyone have a source for the intermediate shaft, new or good used is fine.

Ricky.

Ricky:
    The clutch shaft is a 7/8" x 20 spline (most FF's with MK9's) Hewland part #041106 and is 19 9/16" long. For a new one try Dogrings.com in So. California. He might have one in stock. For a used shaft and the cage....(I think 6 1/2" length) and the cross shaft assembly, I will PM you or e-mail you to a friend who just might part with everything you might need. The "normal gearbox cross shaft/ bell crank release bearing and bobbin,and the bell housing is the standard 2 1/2", slave cyl and shaft all is historically correct.
    You have no PM or e-mail in your profile. Best is to e-mail to me for the info. Click on
    my name logo.
    JB
    Last edited by Jerry B.; 04.03.17 at 12:59 AM. Reason: no pm or e-mail

Liked: 23

Thanks guys,
    Jerry, Email details sent (and updated old details in my apexspeed account)

Regards,
    Ricky.

Thread Information