Liked: 23

Default Fuel Sample port

Anyone have a good recommendation for a fuel sample port? My car is missing one and tech says I need it. I'm not sure what to buy or where to install it and google isn't helping much.

Paul

Liked: 17
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Liked: 304

Paul,

from the GCR:

"All cars shall be equipped with an accessible sampling port/valve/device located in a fuel line between the fuel tank or fuel cell and the carburetors or fuel injection system or in an unused carburetor port to allow safe acquisition of a fuel sample."

if you don't have a copy of the GCR, go to the SCCA website and download it.

I have a two way hand operated valve between the fuel pump and the carburetor, fitted in the line between the two. Flip it one way to the carb, and the other to a short hose from which a sample is obtained. I safety wire the valve positioned to the carb, and I still don't like it. But it is the rule.

Searching the racer parts suppliers I only see expensive devices made to screw into a port. Maybe someone else will have a good suggestion.

Dave posted before I finished. looks like that will work but you have to create something to screw it into, maybe a 3 way 1/8 npt fitting with barbs for in and out normal flow. That might be better than what I have...

Liked: 83

Simply put an AN T in the line with an AN cap on the perpendicular leg, that will satisify the rule.

David

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Liked: 285

I have been very happy with the samples ports from Paul Morrison:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/sccafue...homepage1.html

His fuel ports are sold by this shop:

http://www.theraceplacepa.com/store/..._Products.html

Well, obviously some of use have nothing better to do on a Saturday evening...
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 23

OK, thanks for the replies and advice. Looks like there are many ways to skin this cat. I was mainly curious to find out if there was one preferred FV method for doing this.

Paul

Thread Information